Lesleyislovely
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello everyone,
So, I’ve done it!!!
After so much thought I’ve withdrawn my offer of a place to study Vet med at Liverpool in 2020 to go around again and try for Cambridge. Last time I was pooled.
I know it’s risky and I appreciate it might seem mad but I knew if I didn’t try again I would always regret it.
So ... here I go with UCAS and the Cambridge entrance exam - I found it hard last time. I’ll be reapplying to three other Unis too.
If anyone reading this has any advice I’d be extremely grateful to hear it.

Good luck to everyone else applying too, it’s tough.
Thanks
Nessie162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Seems extremely mad hahah Normally I would give you all the reasons as to why you shouldn't do it but you already withdrawn so there's no going back.
I'm biased though as for me Cambridge is the "worst" vet school ("" because they're all good and give you the same degree at the end of the day).

I don't have any advice unfortunately but I wish you all the best Extremely brave of you. Hope everything works out! Good luck
VMD100
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think you will find anybody on here that is going to agree with your decision
Cambridge is known as the worst vet school, whilst maybe this is historic opinion there is no smoke without fire
And as a Liverpool student... the bias is going to be obvious

Best of luck but I do think you've wasted an opportunity to be a vet to be forced to intercalate
Choppygirl11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It seems a very odd decision to give up a place at one of the best to try and get in one of the worse to be blunt. Is it the Cambridge brand that is attracting you? As a parent the bragging rights for a daughter at Cambridge is great but the more we read about the course the more we discarded it. If you don’t get into Cambridge can you take up the place at Liverpool? It would be awful if you were left with nowhere.

You seem quite determined to get into Cambridge so good luck and I hope you get everything you wish for x
animalmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My advice would be to contact Liverpool and ask to get back on their course for 2020. As an employer of veterinary surgeons for 25 years my experience of Cambridge graduates wasn't great, it is always at the bottom of my list when I rank the vet med courses using many different criteria. I've only met one person who contacted me for advice where I agreed that for them Cambridge was the best choice, but they had very specific requirements and had the maturity to understand they would have to be extra careful about where they did their placements to get their day one competencies sorted.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Liverpool one of the best, Cambridge the worst. You're mad. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads