The Student Room Group

cheeto

cheese
(edited 4 years ago)
I think you have good grades here. https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/computer-science-bsc
best way to know is to call them
Original post by coolman1234
Just called them up and they said no because i dont have a level maths!

Well you heard what the man said but this trick might work, how about if your enrol another good uni then after one year, when you really achieve good grades then transfer to King's. This is just suggestion. Call them again and ask what their requirement is for someone who is transferring from another uni to this uni after one year or one semester.
At least you have GCSE math be thankful. I don't have GCSE math and English and i still want to study CS, because i know i can do the work.
Most leading universities require A level Maths for Computer Science as it is very Mathematical. Your best options will be Lancaster, Nottingham(possibly) UEA, Sussex and Kent. There will be others
Original post by swanseajack1
Most leading universities require A level Maths for Computer Science as it is very Mathematical. Your best options will be Lancaster, Nottingham(possibly) UEA, Sussex and Kent. There will be others

Funny thing is i find this A level math easy but i fail GCSE math. I know you will say it's impossible and you have to know the basic.
Reply 6
Your GCSEs are poor tbh, but I’m assuming you already have your btec grades so shouldn’t be too detrimental. The entry requirements for both A Level and Btec state A level maths is necessary, but you could contact and ask to confirm.
Can I get into King's College London with a D*D*D* in BEC Extended diploma in IT

I am also doing Core maths

MY level 2 grades are

Computer science: 7
English lang: 5
English Lit: 4
Maths: 6
IT: A
Business: C
Science double: 4-4
TLM Level 2 Certificate for IT User Skills in Open: A*
D&T electronic products: D

It says you have DDD and a 6.

, but also says

At least one of Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Computer Science or Computing

I think that means A level.
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/computer-science-msci

Talk to admissions.
Can I get into King's College London with a D*D*D* in BEC Extended diploma in IT

I am also doing Core maths

MY level 2 grades are

Computer science: 7
English lang: 5
English Lit: 4
Maths: 6
IT: A
Business: C
Science double: 4-4
TLM Level 2 Certificate for IT User Skills in Open: A*
D&T electronic products: D

Hi there!
As @swanseajack1 has already mentioned, have you considered the University of Kent's computer science course?
Their entry requirements do not require maths at A-level but they do ask for a 4/C in maths at GCSE, which you have already exceeded :smile:
If you're considering Kent at all then you may find it useful to talk to a current computer science student at Kent to find out how they're finding the course, what they're hoping to do after, and any other questions you may have, you can do this via the Unibuddy programme at Kent. Here is the link in case you're interested. It could even be useful just to get an insight into life as a computer science student more generally!
If you have any questions about computer science/life at Kent then please feel free to ask!
Good luck with your university applications :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending