John39764
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hey guys, I'm considering going between QUB and Lancaster for finance, but wanted to know which would be better? I am aware of the quality which the LUMS provides but wanted to see how it would compare to QUMS.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by John39764)
hey guys, I'm considering going between QUB and Lancaster for finance, but wanted to know which would be better? I am aware of the quality which the LUMS provides but wanted to see how it would compare to QUMS.
Hello,
Let me know if you have any specific questions about the uni/town that I can help you with to help you make your decision. Like you said, LUMS has a very good reputation so let me know if you have queries.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
John39764
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
Let me know if you have any specific questions about the uni/town that I can help you with to help you make your decision. Like you said, LUMS has a very good reputation so let me know if you have queries.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
hi, would you be able to tell me how affordable lancaster would be for NI students? I am aware that belfast is considered one of the cheapest, but just don't know how well it's management school is to lancaster's management school.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by John39764)
hi, would you be able to tell me how affordable lancaster would be for NI students? I am aware that belfast is considered one of the cheapest, but just don't know how well it's management school is to lancaster's management school.
Hmm this is difficult, I'm not sure how the funding works in Northern Ireland in terms of loans and stuff. In terms of overall cost, our accommodation is one of the cheapest (as the north-west in general is very cheap). Living in town is also very cheap in second and third year, you can get a flat from £70 per person per week including bills - although the average is around £95. Clubbing costs as a little as £3 and bars and restaurants (ones that aren't chains) are super affordable. Have a look at flights to Manchester airport to get an idea of that cost, the train from there to Lancaster costs about £5 with a railcard. The main expense is the bus travel if you're living in town but if you get a bus pass then you can save costs. For my course, I've spent no money on books (I just use the library/ebooks) so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem for you. The main supermarket is a Sainsbury's but there's also a Lidl in town and you can get deliveries from Tesco and Asda.
Hope this helps a little, let me know if you have anymore questions!
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.64%
They might tell the bully (30)
9.97%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
14.62%
It might lead to more bullying (113)
37.54%
There's nothing they could do (94)
31.23%

Watched Threads