The Student Room Group

Child nursing interviews for 2020 September!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by madison1996
Sent my application off on Monday for Child nursing at ARU and DMU, Bedfordshire, Lincoln and Suffolk. Received an acknowledgement from ARU now have to wait to find out if i get any interviews eeeek

Have you heard back yet? I sent my application on Jan 8th still waiting to hear x
Original post by Hm518
Have you heard back yet? I sent my application on Jan 8th still waiting to hear x

For which uni? X
Reply 22
For which uni? X

Sheffield Hallam
I've applied for Child Nursing at Napier but still not heard anything yet. Makes me so nervous!
Reply 24
Original post by Td82pink
I've applied for Child Nursing at Napier but still not heard anything yet. Makes me so nervous!

I too, have applied for Child Nursing at Napier and heard not a peep. I’ve had my Glasgow Cali applicant day for child nursing I was invited to so I’m just waiting to hear if I am in or not for Sept. Its so agonizing waiting!!! 😩🙈
Reply 25
For which uni? X

Madison have you heard anything yet? I've had an email inviting me to a selection interview in a few weeks x
Has anyone got a bangor uni childrens nursing interview coming up this tuesday?X
Original post by Hm518
Madison have you heard anything yet? I've had an email inviting me to a selection interview in a few weeks x

Hey sorry I didn’t see your previous reply! I’ve only applied for Anglia Ruskin, DMU, Bedfordshire sorry I haven’t applied for Sheffield! But good luck ☺️☺️
I'm still waiting too.....I'm a bag of nerves and feel constantly sick 🤢🤢🤢
Reply 29
Original post by Td82pink
I'm still waiting too.....I'm a bag of nerves and feel constantly sick 🤢🤢🤢

Fingers crossed it isn't long!! Where have you applied?
Original post by Hm518
Fingers crossed it isn't long!! Where have you applied?

Just to Napier 🤞🤞
Reply 31
Hi did you get an offer from Northumbria!
Reply 32
Original post by Kayl24
Hi did you get an offer from Northumbria!

I did yes! Did you?!
Reply 33
Original post by HLS1985
I did yes! Did you?!

Not yet ☹️☹️
Reply 34
I have applied to Teesside and Sunderland and Northumbria for MH Nursing quite late, the start of this month actually. With the current climate, do you think that's a good or bad sign?
Original post by wowo2
I have applied to Teesside and Sunderland and Northumbria for MH Nursing quite late, the start of this month actually. With the current climate, do you think that's a good or bad sign?

Glad to hear you've applied for Teesside @wowo2 - there are still places remaining on the mental health nursing programme at this stage :smile:. We're processing applications at the moment so please keep an eye on UCAS Track for updates. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the meantime.
Reply 36
Original post by Teesside University
Glad to hear you've applied for Teesside @wowo2 - there are still places remaining on the mental health nursing programme at this stage :smile:. We're processing applications at the moment so please keep an eye on UCAS Track for updates. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the meantime.

I was just wondering how the current situation is affecting later applications? There is every chance I may not get an interview but understandably if I did it would be online? And I know it's an ongoing situation, and flexibility is essential, but would it be correct to assume that the theoretical side of the nursing course would be held online for the semester while the practical side remained the same? It's not affecting my want to study at all, I'm just curious how it can be worked around with a practical, hands on degree as Nursing!
Either way I'm very eagerly checking track, though have reduced it to once a day for my own sanity :smile:
Original post by wowo2
I was just wondering how the current situation is affecting later applications? There is every chance I may not get an interview but understandably if I did it would be online? And I know it's an ongoing situation, and flexibility is essential, but would it be correct to assume that the theoretical side of the nursing course would be held online for the semester while the practical side remained the same? It's not affecting my want to study at all, I'm just curious how it can be worked around with a practical, hands on degree as Nursing!
Either way I'm very eagerly checking track, though have reduced it to once a day for my own sanity :smile:

Thanks for asking :smile: - the University is processing applications as normal.

We hope you are successful and reach the interview stage! All interviews are being held online at the moment - interviews are held on Blackboard Collaborate (which is similar to Skype). If you reach the interview stage we'll give you all the info you need prior to having your interview. We're doing our best to make it feel as 'normal' as possible :smile:

Yes - we're adopting a blended approach to learning from September (as lots of universities are doing). All applicants have received an email about this today (if you haven't received this yet it will be on its way). For reference in the meantime, you can see our student message on this here.

It's difficult not to check Track constantly! We understand! That's a good approach though and is certainly sensible.

Best of luck with it.
Original post by wowo2

Good question!
Applications are still being processed as normal by our Student Administration Team and we have increased the number of online events we are hosting to ensure all applicants are well informed. If you would like to find out more about the course from a current student, here is a link to Jane's online profile. Jane is a current Mental Health Nursing student of ours and her online profile allows people to ask her questions about her course experience and life as a student. You may find this helpful :smile:

You may also be interested in our upcoming online open day to find out more about the course and chat to our academics. More information on this can be found here
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Reply 39
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Good question!
Applications are still being processed as normal by our Student Administration Team and we have increased the number of online events we are hosting to ensure all applicants are well informed. If you would like to find out more about the course from a current student, here is a link to Jane's online profile. Jane is a current Mental Health Nursing student of ours and her online profile allows people to ask her questions about her course experience and life as a student. You may find this helpful :smile:

You may also be interested in our upcoming online open day to find out more about the course and chat to our academics. More information on this can be found here
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply. I have actually already sourced out Jane's online profile before, and watched a lot of videos and done all sorts of research for this Degree at Sunderland :smile:
I guess I have the same question I asked above to Teeside University, which I will just copy and paste;

Thanks again for the reply, I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending