The Student Room Group

GCSE Art

Any GCSE art tips and anything that honestly helps cope with it please let us know. Just started and it's really hard right now
Original post by parii_xd
Any GCSE art tips and anything that honestly helps cope with it please let us know. Just started and it's really hard right now

hiya!! i’d say try to do your homework/coursework at a certain time of your week so you can get it done before the day it’s due. i’d say doing it the day you get it would be ideal. for my school we weren’t allowed to take our sketchbooks home so if it’s the same for you and you’re behind on any piece go at break/after school and catch up the same day! good luck!!
Get lots of artist responses done and write about different processes. Make sure you show development with your work and write about how you ideas change. Experiment with different media to show variety in your work. Make sure you include at least one observational drawing in each project just so it shows that you can draw. Have fun with your work and just go with the flow. You find your style along the way. Also, pinterest is an absolute life saver for ideas and saved everyone at GCSE and is still saving my class at A-Level. Don't worry about it, you can always ask for teacher's opinions
Reply 3
I'm acrtually dying in GCSE Art right now. I love art, the subject and just drawing painting and doing artsy stuff in general. I did it in year nine and it was pretty calm but this year it just got so intense. I'm four pieces behind and I just can't seem to catch up because my teacher gives us three pieces of homework to finish in one week. It's hard. I'm really struggling...

Quick Reply

Latest