Watch
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Peter.JohnsonJR)
Everyone is different I suppose.
I personally would have got my clothes off with ease and start tugging at there breasts and ass etc. I would have tried to drum up a orgy.
I don't get what your problem is.
You'd be thrown out in no time. Only a person from the UK could equate nudity with sex all the time.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Bex94)
So you’re all female? Can I ask if you judged any of the other men or women you saw naked? Anytime I’ve been somewhere like this, people tend to be very respectful and it’s nothing to be worried or embarrassed about.
Everyone was super nice. It was just me that was getting all flustered.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Welshvisitor)
That’s one cultural difference we Brits can find odd. So, her friends were guys? Chances are they have seen her bits long before you had. Saunas aren’t like that here so you’ll be fine, except the gay ones 😉
No they were girls too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Puzzled11)
That was brave and nice of you to go along with! When he realised that it was communal nakedness, my bf refused to go into the sauna when I took him there, so I couldn't go too..

You should tell her you were uncomfortable, but did it anyway and if you don't want to go again, tell her that too. She should respect your choice not to go.

She must've thought you looked perfectly acceptable to show her friends and they would have thought you looked fine, if this is what makes their friend happy! So don't fret about that.

Did you not enjoy it even a little? All those naked girls surrounding you? You can always go again and be more relaxed, enjoy it!

Spoiler:
Show

My girlfirends friends were very pretty indeed, but not as pretty as her.

I spoke to her and she was very apologetic. She said that going to the sauna with her friends in the nude is quite normal for her in the Netherlands and didn't think it was such a big deal. I then explained what a bunch of prudes we mainly are in the UK.

She told me that we never have to go to the sauna together again if I don't want to. She actually thought this would be a good way for me to meet her friends. LOL Well it certainly was an experience that I won't forget in a hurry that's for sure.

Thanks to everyone (well, just those who were helpful and not perverts)
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I spoke to her and she was very apologetic. She said that going to the sauna with her friends in the nude is quite normal for her in the Netherlands and didn't think it was such a big deal. I then explained what a bunch of prudes we mainly are in the UK.

She told me that we never have to go to the sauna together again if I don't want to. She actually thought this would be a good way for me to meet her friends. LOL Well it certainly was an experience that I won't forget in a hurry that's for sure.

Thanks for letting us know how you have handled it. I hope you feel able to go to a sauna in future, as in the winter it is very relaxing and a way of not feeling permanently cold.
Bex94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Everyone was super nice. It was just me that was getting all flustered.
This has always been my experience. No looks and no one cares that they’ve seen you nude or you’ve seen them. I always find it a really liberating experience and would recommend it to anyone, particularly for anyone with body confidence issues as you see people of every shape and size in places like this.
Puzzled11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

Now that is most certainly the correct answer :clap2:

Yes, as someone else said, thanks for giving us an update. She sounds very lovely and understanding. It is better now that she knows how you feel. As for a good way to meet her friends.. it does remove a lot of barriers to getting to know them better, I suppose!

We are a bunch of prudes.. or perverts, it appears!
Lalajane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I would tell her you felt uncomfortable . Didn’t realise Dutch people go full frontal in saunas . So Wierd . Won’t be dating a Dutch anytime soon . Don’t be worried about causing an argument . You’re a guy . Man up
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Lalajane)
I would tell her you felt uncomfortable . Didn’t realise Dutch people go full frontal in saunas . So Wierd . Won’t be dating a Dutch anytime soon . Don’t be worried about causing an argument . You’re a guy . Man up
I have been to saunas in the Netherlands (a very good one is called Spa Zuiver just outside Amsterdam). It is not weird at all, just seen as matter of fact and comfortable. The thing I found most difficult is the silence within a sauna or steamroom, as in the UK ones in gyms there is often conversation.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lalajane)
I'm not a man! lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Puzzled11)
Now that is most certainly the correct answer :clap2:

Yes, as someone else said, thanks for giving us an update. She sounds very lovely and understanding. It is better now that she knows how you feel. As for a good way to meet her friends.. it does remove a lot of barriers to getting to know them better, I suppose!

We are a bunch of prudes.. or perverts, it appears!
Yes, she is great!

To be honest I think you're right. I just let my body dilemma cloud my judgement, especially when I saw every woman was completely "smooth" downstairs. I just thought "OH GOD! What must they think of me!" My gf said "Don't you dare touch it, just to please me!" She also jokingly said that it proved to her friends that I'm a real redhead. :laugh:
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I went to a spa in Ghent on Sunday. No redheads but no-one batted an eyelid about naked people.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I'm sorry you feel this way. I have been to Dutch spas and it is perfectly normal (as at German and Belgian ones- I have even met a former Prime Minister in one). I think it is the most comfortable way to have a sauna.
I’m shuddering at the thought of meeting any of the recent Prime Minsters in a nude spa 😂
lazarusb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hey,, I'm Lazarus from Namibia,,, holes you're great?? anyone to keep me accompany
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CTLeafez)
I’m shuddering at the thought of meeting any of the recent Prime Minsters in a nude spa 😂
ho ho ho!!!

I think I would have freaked out if I had walked into that! :eek:
Bex94
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I went to a spa in Ghent on Sunday. No redheads but no-one batted an eyelid about naked people.
Hi. Whereabouts is this spa and what’s it called? I go to Belgium in December and can get to Ghent on the train from where I’m staying. Thanks
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
It wasn’t a UK one.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Bex94)
Hi. Whereabouts is this spa and what’s it called? I go to Belgium in December and can get to Ghent on the train from where I’m staying. Thanks
Sauna Aqua Azul. In the centre of Ghent, about 10 minutes walk from the Gravensteen.
Bex94
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Sauna Aqua Azul. In the centre of Ghent, about 10 minutes walk from the Gravensteen.
👍👍👍
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Bex94)
I'm going to be in Ghent again for an art exhibition in a couple of weeks time and so can go to this sauna again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (56)
19.18%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (63)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.86%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (63)
21.58%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (26)
8.9%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
8.9%

Watched Threads