Extenuating Circumstance UCAS Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
After receiving my horrible A-level grades (BCC) and rejected from a very good uni, I decided to retake all three of my A-levels. After arranging a tutor, I had to explain the reason why I thought I failed which was that after a recent internal family event, it escalated to me fighting my dad (physically, and something I really regret), as I was also very stressed after doing my first exam. After this, I literally wasn't able to focus on any of my exam, and I started suffering from depression. My tutor persuaded me to present this when reapplying to uni. However, when I told my friend about this, he said I shouldn't mention this since this is a "domestic" issue, and it wouldn't help me. What should I do?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
First of all you need to go to your GP to get help and medical evidence if you haven't already.
Secondly when applying, get your referee to write about this in their reference. Don't write about your depression in your personal statement.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Pathway)
First of all you need to go to your GP to get help and medical evidence if you haven't already.
Secondly when applying, get your referee to write about this in their reference. Don't write about your depression in your personal statement.
Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it more than you can imagine
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it more than you can imagine
You are welcome. If you need to talk, don't hesitate to drop me a message. You're not alone. :console:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (129)
18.17%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.18%
Not great so far... (254)
35.77%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.87%

Watched Threads