The Student Room Group

Should I reach out to this girl?

Hi,

I'm a student at university (I'm 26, she's 21), and I asked this girl who works at Tesco as a cashier (also a student) if she wanted to have a drink sometime, this was almost a year ago now. She told me she had just experienced a break up and wanted to have some time to herself first, when pressed she said she wanted me to wait for her until she was ready to start dating again (and that she'd reach out to me).

I have been dating in the meantime (so not really waiting) but I would still like to reach out to her now. I have her as a friend on Facebook, but I feel like reaching out to her through messenger is inappropriate and gives a bad impression. I haven't seen her in Tesco for a long time but she still works there, but this also feels like I'm purposely shopping there to stalk her.

Would you think it's needy or inappropriate to reach out through messenger? Or just hope I catch her during her shift once a week? Or maybe because she hasn't reached out that she's not interested?
Probably been way too long now, just leave it.
Women are like cats; they come and go as they please. Never chase a woman.
Honestly, it sounds like she used a line on you. I think you should leave it.
Reply 4
Original post by ElNiñoo
Probably been way too long now, just leave it.

Original post by Danelius

Original post by YaliaV
Honestly, it sounds like she used a line on you. I think you should leave it.

Thanks for the replies.

I asked her out in person, then added her on Facebook, and she messaged me saying she just split up and needs some time alone, this is when I asked her if she would like me to wait until she's ready or should I just give up, and she said I should wait.

But yeah this was last year, I figured I could just message her casually now and not have any expectations.
Reply 5
Original post by Danelius

Just meow at them
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I'm a student at university (I'm 26, she's 21), and I asked this girl who works at Tesco as a cashier (also a student) if she wanted to have a drink sometime, this was almost a year ago now. She told me she had just experienced a break up and wanted to have some time to herself first, when pressed she said she wanted me to wait for her until she was ready to start dating again (and that she'd reach out to me).

I have been dating in the meantime (so not really waiting) but I would still like to reach out to her now. I have her as a friend on Facebook, but I feel like reaching out to her through messenger is inappropriate and gives a bad impression. I haven't seen her in Tesco for a long time but she still works there, but this also feels like I'm purposely shopping there to stalk her.

Would you think it's needy or inappropriate to reach out through messenger? Or just hope I catch her during her shift once a week? Or maybe because she hasn't reached out that she's not interested?

No date someone else like yiu were doing! Don't waste time waiting for people to be ready! What happens if she is dating someone else or ends up choosing someone else? how would you feel. She should not be telling you to wait for her anyway. She can't have her cake and eat it!
Reply 7
Original post by mgi
No date someone else like yiu were doing! Don't waste time waiting for people to be ready! What happens if she is dating someone else or ends up choosing someone else? how would you feel. She should not be telling you to wait for her anyway. She can't have her cake and eat it!

I don't think I've wasted any time, I haven't waited, I only remembered her a couple of weeks ago and forgot about her for months while I dated others. I agree with the principle of not waiting for a girl to be ready (hence why I went on a few dates since), but is it not worth checking up on her? I see it as approaching her for the first time again, rather than having full expectations of her accepting me because she told me to wait.

I won't care if she's seeing someone else, but it's worth a chance if she's single right? She was on the same wavelength and attractive.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think I've wasted any time, I haven't waited, I only remembered her a couple of weeks ago and forgot about her for months while I dated others. I agree with the principle of not waiting for a girl to be ready (hence why I went on a few dates since), but is it not worth checking up on her? I see it as approaching her for the first time again, rather than having full expectations of her accepting me because she told me to wait.

I won't care if she's seeing someone else, but it's worth a chance if she's single right? She was on the same wavelength and attractive.

Yes ok. but once you have chatted with her then decide whether yiu find her attractive enough to date and ask her! Dont wait too long before you ask her.
Try again and take the message when it’s no number 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending