The Student Room Group

College/Uni students need to chill

Seems to be your always focusing on money and career prestige even when its not making you happy and negatively impacting the things that actually affect your happiness eg relationships or free time.
I use to think this way but with age and experience ive realised it really isnt the priority.
I see this in a lot of Computer science,Economics,Finance,engineering and dentistry students,Especially computer science students....Its completely full of people that have no interest in the subject.
Lets just chill out for a minute,The universe doesnt care if your a farmer or a successful businessman and you would probably be a lot happier doing something you see as meaningful and natural.
In summary,Do what you want actually want to do instead of what you want people to see you do.
Original post by Infactuations99
Seems to be your always focusing on money and career prestige even when its not making you happy and negatively impacting the things that actually affect your happiness eg relationships or free time.
I use to think this way but with age and experience ive realised it really isnt the priority.
I see this in a lot of Computer science,Economics,Finance,engineering and dentistry students,Especially computer science students....Its completely full of people that have no interest in the subject.
Lets just chill out for a minute,The universe doesnt care if your a farmer or a successful businessman and you would probably be a lot happier doing something you see as meaningful and natural.
In summary,Do what you want actually want to do instead of what you want people to see you do.

Agreed tbh university is overrated (Especially Oxbridge)... it's sad these days you need a degree or apprenticeship in order to get a decent paying job (£30K+ a year). You could literally could A*A*A*A* (for A-levels) and still not be able get a good job other than being a sales manager
Original post by 1st superstar
Agreed tbh university is overrated (Especially Oxbridge)... it's sad these days you need a degree or apprenticeship in order to get a decent paying job (£30K+ a year). You could literally could A*A*A*A* (for A-levels) and still not be able get a good job other than being a sales manager

Often these grad schemes don't even require a specific degree,Yet for some reason it's a requirement. It's such *******s, If you have good Alevels they shouldn't make you waste anymore time...
Bamp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending