Kelita3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im in a dilemma that I have passed my skills tests would universities take it to consideration for 2020 application? Now that its being abolished
Last edited by Kelita3; 1 month ago
Eileen5009
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kelita3)
Im in a dilemma that I have passed my skills tests would universities take it to consideration for 2020 application? Now that its being abolished
I spoke to Bishop Grosseste university about this and they said it is not a requirement for them. However, they will tell you to do only if they think you haven't met the entry requirements.
Kelita3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Lets say for example, that I have already passed the English but yet to do the maths. Would it matter in meeting the 'requirement'as long as I pass it? for i got for the interview or submit my application to UCAS.
JonSnow’sTies
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As I understand it the skills tests have been scrapped completely and the providers will assess numeracy / literacy themselves. According to train to teach, the way it will be done is still in air- whether it’s entrance tests similar to the original tests or done other way.
So I think fact you have done any test will have little impact on 2020 application. I sat both too in hope of a late 2019 application, but now it turns out it was a waste of time for 2020.
Mking316
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
QTS Skills Tests
Anyone applying for an initial teacher training (ITT) course is required to have passed the QTS skills tests in literacy and numeracy before starting the course.

Once you have submitted your application to us, you will need to arrange to take and pass the tests, ideally before interview. Please refer to the for more information.

If your first language is not English, you need to take an IELTS test or an equivalent qualification accepted by the University, please refer to for more information.

If you do not have traditional qualifications, you may be eligible for entry on the basis of Accredited Prior Learning (APL) or Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).

This is from the York St John Primary schools direct page so perhaps it is just worth checking the individual uni. I too did the tests for 19/20 but did not end up going to do teacher training
FormerTeacher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kelita3)
Here is the official line, from the DfE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...t-for-teachers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (198)
19.22%
Labour (438)
42.52%
Liberal Democrats (200)
19.42%
Green Party (54)
5.24%
Brexit Party (27)
2.62%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.39%
SNP (15)
1.46%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.97%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)