The Student Room Group

How do you pay your private tutor?

I find it awkward to hand out cash by hand after lesson ends. Should I use an envelope instead, or is that gonna make it more awkward.
I found it easier to use cash. It's up to you and them really No envelope was needed
if you put it in the envelope they're gonna have to open it and count it

it's money, it always feels weird... just try and ignore the weird feeling and go with it
Is this part of a group tuition and is that why you feel awkward?
By not having one
I get paid by cash in the envelope
I never feel the need to check because I trust the family (plus I tutor each week so could comment the following week)
Original post by AzureCeleste
I get paid by cash in the envelope
I never feel the need to check because I trust the family (plus I tutor each week so could comment the following week)

Do you do it in your home? Is it one to one or group
Original post by Kutie Karen
Do you do it in your home? Is it one to one or group

One to one in their home
One to one in their home

Oh okay. I have thought about doing it but don't feel comfortable going to strangers houses and can't have them at mine. any advice?
Original post by Kutie Karen
Oh okay. I have thought about doing it but don't feel comfortable going to strangers houses and can't have them at mine. any advice?

Skype?
Going to their home does seem weird tbf- I semi knew the person who I was tutoring prior to tutoring them (through a sibling) so I did't feel so uncomfortable going to their home
Maybe meet in cafe for first time, like a quiet one? Or a library?
Skype?
Going to their home does seem weird tbf- I semi knew the person who I was tutoring prior to tutoring them (through a sibling) so I did't feel so uncomfortable going to their home
Maybe meet in cafe for first time, like a quiet one? Or a library?

That was good for you. I have my DBS so that is a plus but need to pluck up courage to do it. Thanks:smile:
how much and where u based

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending