girlfriend said to me she got drunk and slept with someone else Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im sorry another one of these but my girlfriend phoned me up earlier today to say she got really drunk last night as it was cheap student night and said she had sex with another guy but also said she had no control of herself and barely remembers it. Obviously I am angry and upset at what she did and I told her I could not be with her as I now don't trust her which made her cry and said I was her everything, I told her if that's how I was then why did she cheat and she couldn't respond so I cut the phone off, since shes been constantly ringing and texting pleading for forgiveness but I don't think I can take her back after this, we have been together just over a year, what should I do?
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
imo its hazy when someone's under the influence, and the fact that she was prepared to come clean is saying a lot, as many choose to carry on as if nothing changed, doesn't change what happened, but in the end its your decision...
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
whatever you do, don't go back to her. she's proven herself irresponsible, so leave before you're stuck with her for life

that's just what I would do though, I don't know how strong your feelings are towards her and stuff.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im sorry another one of these but my girlfriend phoned me up earlier today to say she got really drunk last night as it was cheap student night and said she had sex with another guy but also said she had no control of herself and barely remembers it. Obviously I am angry and upset at what she did and I told her I could not be with her as I now don't trust her which made her cry and said I was her everything, I told her if that's how I was then why did she cheat and she couldn't respond so I cut the phone off, since shes been constantly ringing and texting pleading for forgiveness but I don't think I can take her back after this, we have been together just over a year, what should I do?
For myself I would have done the same.
There is no excuse for cheating.. drunk or not.

If you think you might want her back then maybe tell her you need time to think things through...that you have lost all trust in her .. and if she still wants to be with you to get in touch in a couple of weeks
Anonymous #1
yeah thing is I feel you cant use being drunk as an excuse, she willingly went back with him which is why I feel I am best off out of it
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t like the way she tried to justify by absolving herself of responsibility; she did have control and she chose to cheat. Only you can decide whether you can live with that. I would move on personally.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean, respect to her that she told you. It's so easy just to keep something like that hidden away, but she didn't.

I think you need to give yourself a little space from her, then question if you still trust her or not. I don't blame you if you don't because I wouldn't either, if the trust is gone then there's no point trying to fix it.
Adz2042
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
once a cheat, always a cheat.
if she knew she could get drunk and lose control, she shouldn't have gone out.
sorry to hear, but you will heal from this.
it's her loss.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I mean, respect to her that she told you. It's so easy just to keep something like that hidden away, but she didn't.

I think you need to give yourself a little space from her, then question if you still trust her or not. I don't blame you if you don't because I wouldn't either, if the trust is gone then there's no point trying to fix it.
I cant trust someone who cheats on me as much as I loved her, it's not the first time I have had a girl cheat on me as well and I was a mug to take the last girl back because she cheated on me again
Amon-ster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well alcohol isn't an excuse.
Cheating is not acceptable.
If she's drinking to the point she can't control herself, that's not a problem you should have to deal with that's her problem. Therefore she is responsible for her actions and should take whatever decision you make head on.

Personally I'd say If a person can do it once they can do it again. She can plead for forgiveness all she wants but at the end of the day she is not entitled to you and you can draw the line and end it.
Even in the event you take her back the trust won't be there judging by your response so I'd just say cut it and move on.

Fook dat bich
username4980226
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
whatever you do, don't go back to her. she's proven herself irresponsible, so leave before you're stuck with her for life

that's just what I would do though, I don't know how strong your feelings are towards her and stuff.
100% Agree
username4980226
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amon-ster)
Well alcohol isn't an excuse.
Cheating is not acceptable.
If she's drinking to the point she can't control herself, that's not a problem you should have to deal with that's her problem. Therefore she is responsible for her actions and should take whatever decision you make head on.

Personally I'd say If a person can do it once they can do it again. She can plead for forgiveness all she wants but at the end of the day she is not entitled to you and you can draw the line and end it.
Even in the event you take her back the trust won't be there judging by your response so I'd just say cut it and move on.

Fook dat bich
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kitten in boots
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ditch her.

Otherwise it will happen again.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Her being drunk is no excuse, move on and find someone whose more loyal
thelocalkid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would take her back. There is nothing i respect more than honest. Honest woman is hard to get. There is bunch of woman out there who are cheating on their husbands and boyfriends but saying nothing at all or feel guilty. She told you and she feels guilty so forget about it and take her back but obviously let her feel you're upset for what she did.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should be calling her your ex-girlfriend now
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you don't trust her then there's no point in trying to make it work. Block her number if the calls/texts are constant.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To me, sounds like she made a mistake that she massively regrets. Hope she used protection. The rest is between you both. There’ll be posts here in favour and against, but once the emotions have subsided, you and your partner should discuss this as adults, to see if there’s a way through it. For a positive outcome, however, you would need to discuss this to a complete resolution, and that includes not bandying this about in subsequent arguments, in the event that you stay together.
Amon-ster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thelocalkid)
I would take her back. There is nothing i respect more than honest. Honest woman is hard to get. There is bunch of woman out there who are cheating on their husbands and boyfriends but saying nothing at all or feel guilty. She told you and she feels guilty so forget about it and take her back but obviously let her feel you're upset for what she did.
Sorry but just cause she told him doesn't make her an "Honest" woman. Cheating is an unfaithful action. All she did was the bare minimum she should of cause she cheated.

Plus who knows if she's telling the full truth :dontknow:
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
i this it depends on if the person she has sex with was drunk too because they could’ve taken advantage of her to the point where she had little to no control. everyone here is telling you to nip it in the bud but i think give yourself some time and then ask her the details. a drunken kiss? maybe but sex is another step....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads