Ajajjxhz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m currently doing a level maths, computer science, Graphic design, and btec level 3 ict subsidiary diploma and I’m unsure what to drop for my 2nd year from graphic design and ict and like ict a lot more and feel I can get a D* whereas in graphic design I feel I will probably get a C (if that) so I was wondering if dropping graphic design would put me at a disadvantage to applying to uni’s like Aston for computer science so I’m unsure what to drop from graphic design and btec level 3 subsidiary diploma ICT
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Check the unis website to see what subjects/grades they require
Frose03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do you feel like you’ll get a C in graphics? Is it hard?
I feel like you should stick with graphics it seems weird to do ICT when you’re doing computer science
Frose03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m actually struggling on whether I should do graphic design instead of economics
I made a post about it please check it out when you are free
Thanks!
PixelThief
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you're applying for a Computer Science degree then IT/ICT will be your go-to, especially if it means you'll achieve a better grade. Generally a university will ask that you study an A-level or A-level equivalent that is related to the course that you're applying to. But it's always best to check the websites of all of the universities you hope to apply for next year.

In my experience, as someone who studies a Game Art BA, I needed an A-level or equivalent in a relevant subject. This could be Art, Fine Art, Architecture, IT/ICT, Media, etc. As long as I had studied one of those, it was my grade that really mattered.

In your case, if you really insisted on completing Graphic Design, then taking up Computer Science related projects at home would give you an advantage. You could begin to learn a programming language on CodeAcademy.com or something similar. If you wanted to go the extra mile, you could get in contact with a student already studying Computer Science or even a lecturer at one of the universities you're interested in, and ask them for advice directly.
🧡Hajera
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ajajjxhz)
I’m currently doing a level maths, computer science, Graphic design, and btec level 3 ict subsidiary diploma and I’m unsure what to drop for my 2nd year from graphic design and ict and like ict a lot more and feel I can get a D* whereas in graphic design I feel I will probably get a C (if that) so I was wondering if dropping graphic design would put me at a disadvantage to applying to uni’s like Aston for computer science so I’m unsure what to drop from graphic design and btec level 3 subsidiary diploma ICT
If u took ict can u summaris the course and how u revise for it?
j-dulas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In my pshych test (psychometric) i was predicted an A in german in Alevel (I dont know german_
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed