What is the best gaming moment you have experienced? Watch

Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
For me, back on battlefield 3. Playing in a huge squad made of devs, community members and online friends. Operation metro 64 slots with 10k tickets. The match lasted hours and it was a total blast.

But what has been your favourite moment? Was it completing a game? Or a funny glitch?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
black-ops 2 league play - all of it.
Castro Saint
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Modern Warfare 2 in its prime
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Beating the kanto e4 and blue the first time. Also the Ukrainian sniper mission from modern warfare and the grand finale of Skybounds walking dead.
DR.DOOM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Halo 2: The Gravemind when he spoke to both Master Chief and Arbiter and then teleported you to separate locations. Especially the last part where the elites get massacred after Arbiter is teleported to stop Tartarus and this beautiful music plays

Halo 3: Warthog run, this isn't even a question

Deus Ex: The plot twist (which I won't be revealing due to spoilers), an outstanding game which needs more praise (talking about the first one)

Okami: The race to Oni Island when this masterful track plays

Bioshock: Contains spoilers, don't reveal if you haven't played
Spoiler:
Show
The part where Andrew Ryan screams at you and "Atlas" before you go to kill him

GTA IV: The whole story

Max Payne 3: The whole NJ chapter
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The best experience as a gamer always is to defeat a boss or even an endboss who seems to be invincible and after many deads and tries, you finally get it and win. Always a hardship time as gamer, but the feeling to overcome a tough obstacle is it really worth to keep it up.
T0mas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Reaching 12k points on Google Chrome Dinosaur Game. Feeling was amazing.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A year and a half ago two friends and I were playing through Pokémon White at the same time, chatting over Discord as we played. It was a fun couple of weeks.

Also more recently, I was playing a 4-player free-for-all battle on Medieval II: Total War. I ended up fighting all the other 3 one at a time by myself and still won. The last person was furious when I beat him lol.
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Getting killionaire medal (10 kills with 4 seconds or less between each) in Halo reach infection mode. Last human alive and was a pretty hype moment to continuously kill all the zombie players coming at me.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Beating our kid on fifa.

he is very, very good
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 8472)
For me, back on battlefield 3. Playing in a huge squad made of devs, community members and online friends. Operation metro 64 slots with 10k tickets. The match lasted hours and it was a total blast.

But what has been your favourite moment? Was it completing a game? Or a funny glitch?
Completing the Cook's Assistant quest on RuneScape
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Beating Tales of Maj'Eyal on insane mode. The game has a built-in chat for everyone playing it and they all congratulated me.

Getting TF2 to glitch out and display in the killfeed that I had first dominated myself, then got revenge on myself.
Toki the Dumdum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
First time I got the plump helmets to grow on Dwarf Fortress.

Or finishing Stuntman. First game I ever completed :moon:
Lost Sock
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've been playing games since getting a Commodore 16+ in the 80s, so I could really rattle off tons of experiences, most of them would be with games nobody has likely heard of.

One particular moment always sticks out in my mind though, a brief snippet of why I love games. I was playing Saints Row 2 or 3, I forget which - I'm leaning towards 3, and it was late game doing one of the final missions if not the very last. I had to get to a certain part of the map and it was timed, and Holding out for a hero by Bonnie Tyler was playing. I'm tootling along in some crappy slow car smashing into stuff with this cheesy music playing making it all feel really over the top and delightfully silly, and shooting stuff out the window, things were blowing up left right and centre, and I looked behind me to see where the cops were (who'd been chasing me the whole way) and saw I think an ice cream van (or hot dog maybe) van explode and the dude inside flew up in the air, disappeared for a few seconds and then somehow landed smack bang on the boot/trunk of the car I was driving and looking back in at that exact few moments. Bonnie Tyler still warbling on about where are all the white Knights and stuff.

I've never forgotten that, even though it was likely about 10 seconds in total it just summed up the joy of games to me, in that all of us will have completely different experiences in identical games. I just wish this particular thing had have happened on my PS4 so I could have saved the video, it was on an Xbox 360 I think, perhaps PS3, definitely one of them as I haven't played a Saints row this gen, and I know it was either 2 or 3 as I gave up on 4 really quickly, I hated the Superhero mechanics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (137)
54.15%
18-20 years old (no) (31)
12.25%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.42%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.58%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.11%