The Student Room Group

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Poll

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

It's been a few weeks. Hopefully we're all settled back in but how has the new year been for you so far?

> Failing everything
> No friends
> Weeks behind on homework
> Not enough money to buy one coffee every 15 seconds
> No friends :frown:

Butttt, it's better than home so honestly it's ****ing perfect
Reply 2
The voting is so balanced :eek3:
All the teachers hate me.
Well, most of the teachers hate me.
I think i will enjoy this year :smile: (fingers crossed), the previous years we have had the briefs set for us (am a product design student) but this year we can choose our project and am doing a rodent theme which is my passion :smile:
Reply 5
Bad bout of Fresher's Flu so been a bit grim. all my groups are cool so far, thoguh
Loving it - really happy with the subjects i've chosen and how my classes are going so far :rave:
Original post by Glaz
> Failing everything
> No friends
> Weeks behind on homework
> Not enough money to buy one coffee every 15 seconds
> No friends :frown:

Butttt, it's better than home so honestly it's ****ing perfect

lol same
Reply 8
What the hell are these options, 2 are overly positive and 1 is overly negative. No middle ground. Like I'm getting alright results and stuff but It's no joy not being able to sleep for 430214 hours like I could in the Summer. #GimmeAnEeeeehOption
Reply 9
Original post by The Mogg
What the hell are these options, 2 are overly positive and 1 is overly negative. No middle ground. Like I'm getting alright results and stuff but It's no joy not being able to sleep for 430214 hours like I could in the Summer. #GimmeAnEeeeehOption

Gotta be decisive in life :rofl: No sitting on the fence :lol:
Reply 10
Original post by 8472
Gotta be decisive in life :rofl: No sitting on the fence :lol:

No, I am sitting on this fence and there is nothing you can do about it :smug:

Spoiler

Reply 11
I just started A levels. I have to force myself on doing tons of past paper exercises and even Olympiad questions every day to prepare for my tests, so I have to sacrifice from watching EPL matches until the 2021/22 season.
Not ideal... my morning bus to work is now full of students again, and there's rarely any seats left. :yucky:
Its been a slap in the face so far :yy:
So far this year has been irritating. I'm the only girl in a class of 15 boys. I'm the oldest by 1 year although I am 2 years older than most of the people in my class. This is an obvious lack of majority in the boys & its affecting the lessons.

The teachers are unable to explain things to us and so far we've only completed 2 assignments (btec 🙂). Some teachers have clearly given up already trying to teach us & are basically just leaving us to try and work out wtf is going on with the assignments on our own.

No one does any work & everyone is too loud and just distracts those that do want to do work. I had keys thrown at my head the other day - the teacher didn't notice - and the boys excuse was - I was just messing around. (this isn't the first time ive had his keys thrown at me & have told him many times to stop).

Quick Reply

Latest