How to sleep earlier/ wake up earlier Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I've gotten myself into such a bad sleeping pattern since moving out for uni. Because of one or two nights where I slept late, my sleeping is now officially messed up. I DO NOT feel sleepy at all before 4am, even if i go into bed at about 2am and try sleep im just tossing and turning because im so wide awake. My eating habits are okay, I eat 3 times a day. Since im sleeping so late I wake up like 1-2pm on days i dont have university and the days i do, im running late because I get up at last minute. I need some effective and realistic ways of coping with this. Ive always had problems with sleep and im so sensitive to changes, when its going good its fine then the second one of my friend suggests we do a late night cruise or whatever and i sleep later than usual, thats when it goes downhill for me as you can probably tell it's so frustrating because it affects my mood, my grades and my productivity.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Set an alarm for whatever time in the morning to get you up earlier.
You may be tired to start with if you went to bed late the night before, but keep setting an alarm and getting up at that time and it will make you more tired of a night so you should start to sleep earlier.
leh30
Badges: 6
Report 5 days ago
You need to start setting early alarms every morning. The more you wake up early, the more tired you will be later in the day and the earlier you'll get to sleep. It may take a few days or even weeks to adjust but it's the only way you can really sort your sleeping pattern out. Even on days when you don't have uni or start later in the day, still set an early alarm and get up and do something like go to the library, do your food shopping/laundry, etc. - anything to keep yourself busy. And on days when you do stay up late with your friends, maybe save this more for the weekend so you can be productive Monday - Friday.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You might need to stay up one entire night, so that you can go to sleep at a decent time the next night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (129)
18.19%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.22%
Not great so far... (253)
35.68%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.9%

Watched Threads