L I G H T
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
okay so I'm kinda curious about how med students are assessed in medical school.
are the exams taken over the course of 4 years that build up to a certain amount of credits you need to graduate or are there final exams which determine whether you'll graduate or not.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by L I G H T)
okay so I'm kinda curious about how med students are assessed in medical school.
are the exams taken over the course of 4 years that build up to a certain amount of credits you need to graduate or are there final exams which determine whether you'll graduate or not.
Varies depending on med school.

One of the reasons why transfers amongst med schools are rare outside of prearranged Oxbridge-London ones.

And for new entrants, the final year UKMLA will make sure that the final assessment will be standardised across all unis.
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s not generally a credits system. There will be a varying number of exams (written and practical) that you have to pass each year in order to progress. The exact number and style of exam varies by medics school.
L I G H T
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ForestCat)
It’s not generally a credits system. There will be a varying number of exams (written and practical) that you have to pass each year in order to progress. The exact number and style of exam varies by medics school.
ahh i see. I was just curious about the kind of exam system med schools tend to have. I always thought there'd be an exit exam of some sort but honestly the thought of that terrifies me given the fact that med students learn a heap ton of information.
DGeorge13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ahh i see. I was just curious about the kind of exam system med schools tend to have. I always thought there'd be an exit exam of some sort but honestly the thought of that terrifies me given the fact that med students learn a heap ton of information.
There will be the UKMLA exit exam if you are a school leaver and a few people in the early stages of uni currently will have to face it which is possibly going to be a bit like an exit exam but you should be ok
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes but the reality is, the vast majority of medical school students pass the exams. Yes there is a lot to learn but not all at once and you’ll find in later years it does all tie together quite well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (6)
54.55%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
27.27%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
18.18%

Watched Threads