reacting randomly to earrings Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
got two lobe piercings on each ear, first set i got when i was 1, 2nd set when i was 14.

ive been wearing primark earrings for the past year now (i wear them everytime i wear hijab because ive found a way to keep my hijab in place using the earrings, and i use primark cos theyre cheap as i lose earrings pretty quickly and i havent reacted badly to the metal).

in the past two weeks my ear lobes have started itching and i get pus (weeping) coming out of the pierced areas which is really odd seeing as ive been wearing the same earrings for a year now, and all of a sudden theyre reacting really badly.

why is this happening and what should i do? because i find it hard to keep my hijab in place without earrings and i need to wear hijab almost every day.

thanks
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
got two lobe piercings on each ear, first set i got when i was 1, 2nd set when i was 14.

ive been wearing primark earrings for the past year now (i wear them everytime i wear hijab because ive found a way to keep my hijab in place using the earrings, and i use primark cos theyre cheap as i lose earrings pretty quickly and i havent reacted badly to the metal).

in the past two weeks my ear lobes have started itching and i get pus (weeping) coming out of the pierced areas which is really odd seeing as ive been wearing the same earrings for a year now, and all of a sudden theyre reacting really badly.

why is this happening and what should i do? because i find it hard to keep my hijab in place without earrings and i need to wear hijab almost every day.

thanks
It's because you're wearing costume jewellery aka. not metal like gold or silver. I get the same reaction, sometimes just in the one ear and it can be quite inconsistent. I recommend throwing out all your cheap jewellery/the ones that cause a reaction and investing in some real silver/gold earrings. If you still get a reaction with "real" metals, then speak to your doctor because you may be having a general reaction to all metals.

It could also be the way you're using them to hold your hijab. It's going to be a warm environment so if any bacteria gets there, it's bound to cause an infection/inflammation. Maybe make sure your hands are clean when you put them in and regularly clean your ears and your earrings before you put them in. It could be as simple as putting some anti bacterial hand wash on the end of your finger and rubbing it into your earlobes and rubbing the earrings in it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.21%
Not great so far... (255)
35.76%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.79%

Watched Threads