Kodyka
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I was wondering what uni I should apply to as my 5th choice, in case I do not get into my top choices (St Andrews, Edinburgh, Durham, Aberdeen).
I got AAA, and I'm an EU student if that's relevant.
I would probably be looking for more of a campus feel, with a tightknit community?

Thank you for any suggestions!
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which subject?
Kodyka
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Which subject?
Social Anthropology!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kodyka)
Hello, I was wondering what uni I should apply to as my 5th choice, in case I do not get into my top choices (St Andrews, Edinburgh, Durham, Aberdeen).
I would probably be looking for more of a campus feel, with a tightknit community?

i would recommend Warwick and Bath, if you want safer options then somewhere like Lancaster and Loughborough, the latter being particularly good for job prospects
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow - that sounds exciting. I’d guess you could hold back on one university to see how you get on with offers from the others. Scottish universities can be a bit tougher to get in for EU applicants than for English ones.
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Just a quick word of warning for you. It is very difficult for EC students to get into top Scottish universities. Because EC students pay no fees there the Scottish government has a very strict quota for EC students applying there. Generally EC students need to greatly exceed the entry requirements to get offers. You will be better looking at an English university as your 5th option. Somewhere like Lancaster would probably be good and other options to look into will be York, Nottingham, Bath and Exeter.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Hello,
Well done on your grades! I'd definitely have a look at Lancaster, we don't offer social anthropology exactly but we offer sociology. One unique element about Lancaster is the opportunity to study minors, especially in first year, so you could also study for example, a language and film studies alongside sociology in first year - if this is something that interests you.
As well as this, we're definitely a campus! We're situated about 15 minutes on the bus from the city but surrounded by fields and greenery. The campus is a hub with loads of shops and restaurants so you'll have what you need. There's also lots of EU and non-EU students from loads of countries so you'll hopefully be able to find people from your home country as well!
Let me know if you have any questions about the uni/city and I'll try to help
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads