esme05
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm interested in going into engineering but don't know whether to do my a levels then go to uni or an apprenticeship or just start the apprenticeship straight after my gcses… please give me advice and opinions!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you able to find engineering apprenticeships that will take you on after GCSEs?
esme05
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Are you able to find engineering apprenticeships that will take you on after GCSEs?
Where I live there are many companies that take apprentices after GCSEs from engineering to marketing but I don't know if it would be worthwhile to skip A levels?
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can do an apprenticeship, but a levels don’t really put you at a disadvantage, and they keep your options open.
Another option is a BTEC in engineering along with one A level (usually maths).
esme05
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
You can do an apprenticeship, but a levels don’t really put you at a disadvantage, and they keep your options open.
Another option is a BTEC in engineering along with one A level (usually maths).
thank you, I hadn't considered BTECs so I'll research them x
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by esme05)
I'm interested in going into engineering but don't know whether to do my a levels then go to uni or an apprenticeship or just start the apprenticeship straight after my gcses… please give me advice and opinions!
Id go straight into an apprenticeship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads