The Student Room Group

A level subject help

Hi , so I’m beginning to think about what subjects to study for a levels . I’m in year 11 at the moment . I’m predicted all grade 7 and above . I’m not too sure on what I want to do career wise but I was thinking of studying English lit, history and sociology or government and politics . I would like to study facilitating subjects but as I’m not sure about my career I don’t know if I should replace sociology with biology as I really enjoy it but would that be too random alongside English lit and history
If you’re really not sure what to take then do maths, a science and a humanities.
I think those are the most facilitating. But definitely take a science subject because you can study humanities at uni but you can’t study sciences at uni unless you have the corresponding A-levels.
Reply 2
Ok thank you for the help!
My brother wanted a geology degree, but needed a level science (physics I believe) but he took geography, politics and photography instead so instead he took a foundation course at uni, and studied a level science at uni (which he found was better because the level of teaching is greater) so even if you don’t take a certain subject unis offer foundation years
Reply 4
Ah ok , thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending