The Student Room Group

How to revise for GCSE’s

Does anyone have any good ways I can revise for my GCSE’s because whichever technique I use hardly ever works and I don’t know what good ways will help me revise so I can do well in exams.
Reply 1
Original post by L.h.1.9
Does anyone have any good ways I can revise for my GCSE’s because whichever technique I use hardly ever works and I don’t know what good ways will help me revise so I can do well in exams.

Well for me, flashcards are really helpful, going over it several times and using a whiteboard to write my answers is better for me than saying/thinking it. Also, doing past papers because some tests reuse question styles.
Original post by L.h.1.9

GSCE’s are really important for finding out your revision style but it’s one of those things that the more pressure you put on it the harder it will be and one of the most annoying things is that a lot of revision methods take time to see the benefits! A good place to start is practise papers because honestly help you to understand the format and style of questions for each subject giving you a brief structure of the paper! I recommend taking the time to identify what type of learner you are as this will help you learn how to suitably revise! Personally I’m a visual learner and so therefore reasoned well to colour and images, so I tend to draw out diagrams or print a diagram from the internet and then label I also will have say all factors( economic, political) in one colour so they link in mind! Most of the time I write out notes but it’s important and something that’s tempting to do not to write directly from the text book as that makes u a passive learner and if you don’t engage your brain it’s hard to learn so try to find ways that stimulate your brain and therefore make you think ( practise papers do this for most people!) if you need a brief overview or want someone to explain a topic maybe slightly differently to how it was originally was explained to you videos are a great way but are a quick fix ( I recommend science with hazel and mr bud)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending