The Student Room Group

How do i put a headed paper reference on a CV?

Right folks so I have a query.

I have a referee on my cv but she has offered to write done a headed paper reference. How would that fit on a cv, can i still put her down as a reference to contact or can't i now? I'm so confuddled. halp pls.
Reply 1
I'm confuddled too. Your referee writing a letter on headed paper does not affect your CV; it's a completely separate document.

Either put the contact details of your referee on your cv and potential employers can get in touch directly with her as required, or put 'references available on request' and hand over a copy of your referee's letter if asked.

Hope that helps...
Original post by Nil Admirari
Right folks so I have a query.

I have a referee on my cv but she has offered to write done a headed paper reference. How would that fit on a cv, can i still put her down as a reference to contact or can't i now? I'm so confuddled. halp pls.

You don't make any comment about referees on a CV. You wait until the employer asks for referee details.

Nowadays, employers will rarely accept pre-written reference letters, because of the ubiquity of printers and the relative ease with which they can be made up. When an employer asks for references, they will ask for the contact details fo the referee and they will go to the referee directly and ask for whatever they want as a reference themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show