NantyKye
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi

Can anybody help me? - I've applied for child care grant for my twins age (2)
maintenance loan and learning allowence loan with student finance England.
I've been awarded my student finance ML & LA but not child care grant as it's still under assessment due to SFE made an error in my application for child care grant. I am an undergrad student and I'm in receipt of child tax credit and child benefit NOT child element, universal credit. I don't receive any other benefit. Will my child care grant be refused on this basis? I'm a loan parent that doesnt work. Also how much does housing benefit deduct roughly, if any?

Thanks in advance, so stressed out 👎
SFE Nihad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NantyKye)
Hi

Can anybody help me? - I've applied for child care grant for my twins age (2)
maintenance loan and learning allowence loan with student finance England.
I've been awarded my student finance ML & LA but not child care grant as it's still under assessment due to SFE made an error in my application for child care grant. I am an undergrad student and I'm in receipt of child tax credit and child benefit NOT child element, universal credit. I don't receive any other benefit. Will my child care grant be refused on this basis? I'm a loan parent that doesnt work. Also how much does housing benefit deduct roughly, if any?

Thanks in advance, so stressed out 👎
Hi there,

We will confirm your award once your application has been assessed.You are not required to received the Child Element of Universal Credit to be considered for this as you can prove dependency using one of the other benefits you mentioned. For Housing Benefits queries, you need to contact the body which awards you this.

Thanks,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads