The Student Room Group

Trig Differentiation

For 6b it wants the derivative in terms of x but I dont know how to simplify my answer further (if it's correct). Also am I allowed to square root both sides to get y in terms of x?
https://imgur.com/a/XHJ0pL3
Original post by Y12_FurtherMaths
For 6b it wants the derivative in terms of x but I dont know how to simplify my answer further (if it's correct). Also am I allowed to square root both sides to get y in terms of x?
https://imgur.com/a/XHJ0pL3

You differentiated correctly but you need to look at other ways of simplifying it - use other trig relationships.
Original post by Muttley79
You differentiated correctly but you need to look at other ways of simplifying it - use other trig relationships.

I'm stuck, can you give me a pointer please?
edit: Nevermind I've got it thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm stuck, can you give me a pointer please?
edit: Nevermind I've got it thanks

Well done :smile:

I find if you put a problem down and come back to it then you often have another idea.
Well done :smile:

I find if you put a problem down and come back to it then you often have another idea.

I had to look up the relationship on google though. How are we supposed to know that though since it's not in our formula booklet and it's a 3 mark question?? Perhaps there is another way of working this out?
I had to look up the relationship on google though. How are we supposed to know that though since it's not in our formula booklet and it's a 3 mark question?? Perhaps there is another way of working this out?

You need to know more formulae than are in the booklet - or know how to get the ones you need from those in the booklet. You'll gain more experience the more questions you do :smile:
You need to know more formulae than are in the booklet - or know how to get the ones you need from those in the booklet. You'll gain more experience the more questions you do :smile:

Appreciate it thank you

Quick Reply

Latest