Y12_FurtherMaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
For 6b it wants the derivative in terms of x but I dont know how to simplify my answer further (if it's correct). Also am I allowed to square root both sides to get y in terms of x?
https://imgur.com/a/XHJ0pL3
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Y12_FurtherMaths)
For 6b it wants the derivative in terms of x but I dont know how to simplify my answer further (if it's correct). Also am I allowed to square root both sides to get y in terms of x?
https://imgur.com/a/XHJ0pL3
You differentiated correctly but you need to look at other ways of simplifying it - use other trig relationships.
Y12_FurtherMaths
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
You differentiated correctly but you need to look at other ways of simplifying it - use other trig relationships.
I'm stuck, can you give me a pointer please?
edit: Nevermind I've got it thanks
Last edited by Y12_FurtherMaths; 3 months ago
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm stuck, can you give me a pointer please?
edit: Nevermind I've got it thanks
Well done

I find if you put a problem down and come back to it then you often have another idea.
Y12_FurtherMaths
Rep:
?
Well done

I find if you put a problem down and come back to it then you often have another idea.
I had to look up the relationship on google though. How are we supposed to know that though since it's not in our formula booklet and it's a 3 mark question?? Perhaps there is another way of working this out?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I had to look up the relationship on google though. How are we supposed to know that though since it's not in our formula booklet and it's a 3 mark question?? Perhaps there is another way of working this out?
You need to know more formulae than are in the booklet - or know how to get the ones you need from those in the booklet. You'll gain more experience the more questions you do
Y12_FurtherMaths
Rep:
?
You need to know more formulae than are in the booklet - or know how to get the ones you need from those in the booklet. You'll gain more experience the more questions you do
Appreciate it thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.89%
They've been reasonable (78)
41.05%
Not feeling great... (50)
26.32%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)