Can I get kicked off my A level course for this?

Watch
MinkieBoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I forgot to hand in just ONE piece of homework because I accidently brought the wrong folder into school. So, my friend had an extra copy and tipexed out her name and put mine so that I wouldn't get a 30 min detention (which would involve a lot of shouting).Obviously, he figured out it was my friend's homework and now he wants to Kick me off the course. I understand that I made a mistake, but doing this a level genuinely decides my future and being able to take the degree I want to. Is he allowed to do even do this?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MinkieBoo)
I forgot to hand in just ONE piece of homework because I accidently brought the wrong folder into school. So, my friend had an extra copy and tipexed out her name and put mine so that I wouldn't get a 30 min detention (which would involve a lot of shouting).Obviously, he figured out it was my friend's homework and now he wants to Kick me off the course. I understand that I made a mistake, but doing this a level genuinely decides my future and being able to take the degree I want to. Is he allowed to do even do this?
It does seem a bit harsh kicking you off because of 1 mistake. It does entirely depends on the school though.
Maybe speak to the head of 6th form or your form tutor for advice.
ohdearstudying
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Apologise and offer to do a Saturday detention or something. Ask how you can make it up as you understand it was a serious offence but it was not meant with any malice.
hannychica
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I understand it correctly, you took the work that your friend did and handed it in as yours? If so, that is plagiarism and would get you kicked out of uni if caught. So they would be within their rights to do the same on an A Level course.

Best thing you can do is speak to your teacher and head of sixth, explain the situation and tell them you understand the seriousness but will not do it again. Hopefully they will agree to keep you on if it is a first offence, but with a severe warning.
MinkieBoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannychica)
If I understand it correctly, you took the work that your friend did and handed it in as yours? If so, that is plagiarism and would get you kicked out of uni if caught. So they would be within their rights to do the same on an A Level course.

Best thing you can do is speak to your teacher and head of sixth, explain the situation and tell them you understand the seriousness but will not do it again. Hopefully they will agree to keep you on if it is a first offence, but with a severe warning.
It was only a worksheet for science and it wasn't really that important of a worksheet . I understand it was wrong but I was just worried and made a mistake. I don't
think my future deserves to be ruined because of this. Also, I've just started year 12, so I think this worksheet in the long run means absolutely nothinc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was only a worksheet for science and it wasn't really that important of a worksheet . I understand it was wrong but I was just worried and made a mistake. I don't
think my future deserves to be ruined because of this. Also, I've just started year 12, so I think this worksheet in the long run means absolutely nothinc
Explain that then, that you have only recently started etc and deserve another chance.
Grizwuld
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was a deliberate and premeditated fraud perpetrated to deceive and gain an advantage over your fellow students and your institution.

Both you and your accomplice should be immediately expelled.
MinkieBoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
Explain that then, that you have only recently started etc and deserve another chance.
Ill try and do that but he is just very hot headed. Thanks for the advice and have a Nice day,😃
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ill try and do that but he is just very hot headed. Thanks for the advice and have a Nice day,😃
If he seems a bit hot headed, he may just be initially mad about the whole situation. He may calm down and start to see more sense.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Heh this would get an A for short term stupid.
She wont kick you off, but you do deserve several detentions for doing something so dumb. Maybe a temp expel or picking litter up for 2.
chrismanning0711
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Grizwuld)
It was a deliberate and premeditated fraud perpetrated to deceive and gain an advantage over your fellow students and your institution.

Both you and your accomplice should be immediately expelled.
It's a piece of homework, they shouldn't have done it but they definitely don't deserve to be expelled or kick of their course
Edit: they also get no advantage over their students or instution at all, your grade isnt determined by homework
Last edited by chrismanning0711; 1 year ago
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Tbf you say your motivation was to avoid detention. I suggest not arguing the above as mitigation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (32)
13.79%
Virtual campus tours/open days (51)
21.98%
Live streaming events (22)
9.48%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (23)
9.91%
A uni comparison tool (54)
23.28%
An in-person event when available (50)
21.55%