QUAVA ASKS: What's your opinion on makeup? Watch

-Quava-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Girls, genuinely and honestly, why do you wear it? When and how often do you wear it?

Guys, you're welcome to give your opinion on it.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Makeup saves my life.
I wear it to look like a human being, rather than a meerkat's meal with ear puncture mark courtesy of Claire's gun piecing service 12 years ago.
Every day, won't walk out of the house without makeup on and won't let friends see me without any.
No coworker, date or ex-boyfriend has ever seen me without makeup.
None ever will.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Makeup saves my life.
I wear it to look like a human being, rather than a meerkat's meal with ear puncture mark courtesy of Claire's gun piecing service 12 years ago.
Every day, won't walk out of the house without makeup on and won't let friends see me without any.
No coworker, date or ex-boyfriend has ever seen me without makeup.
None ever will.
I see.
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by -Quava-)
Girls, genuinely and honestly, why do you wear it? When and how often do you wear it?

It's fun to put on (and test out), and it's satisfying building up a collection.
Normally, I really only wear some concealer, powder, mascara, highlighter, eyeliner, lip tint and lip gloss/lipstick- so it's minimal compared to other girls my age.
But I don't wear makeup everyday to school as I spend too much time and I'm exhausted in the morning
THALCEDONY
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

Don't really have an issue with it. I prefer girls who only wear minimal to no makeup at all.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
(Original post by THALCEDONY)
Don't really have an issue with it. I prefer girls who only wear minimal to no makeup at all.
I lot of men say that but I refuse to believe it.
THALCEDONY
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I lot of men say that but I refuse to believe it.
On what grounds?
-Quava-
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
It's fun to put on (and test out), and it's satisfying building up a collection.
Normally, I really only wear some concealer, powder, mascara, highlighter, eyeliner, lip tint and lip gloss/lipstick- so it's minimal compared to other girls my age.
But I don't wear makeup everyday to school as I spend too much time and I'm exhausted in the morning
I wear the same stuff but including a little bit of blush and bronzer.
I think it's a little bit but when you lay it out like that....
Also considering that there are girls that wear a lot more than us.
True, it is tiring and effortful. I also feel like I have to wear it.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
(Original post by THALCEDONY)
On what grounds?
Because when I see most men's girls, they're caked up and if you take a look at which the girls the majority of men follow on insta.... plastic and makeup.
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

I hardly used to wear it. However recently I won't step outside the house without it. Simply because I look like I crawled from the dead AKA zombie life.
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Today I went out with no makeup and this lady said I was a "natural beauty."
(First time she had met me and thought I wasn't a makeup user.)
This got me thinking (as well as stuff a lot of men/women have said to me recently.)
-Quava-
Rep:
?
Today I went out with no makeup and this lady said I was a "natural beauty."
(First time she had met me and thought I wasn't a makeup user.)
This got me thinking (as well as stuff a lot of men/women have said to me recently.)
BTW, not trying to boast here before anyone comes for me.
mxo.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I like to wear it on special occasions or if I genuinely feel good and want to put effort into my appearance, but I usually wear either none at all or just concealer, highlight and lip gloss. But I have nothing against girls who do wear it, at the end of the day it’s their face and they’re not harming anyone
-Quava-
Rep:
?
(Original post by myraxo)
I like to wear it on special occasions or if I genuinely feel good and want to put effort into my appearance, but I usually wear either none at all or just concealer, highlight and lip gloss. But I have nothing against girls who do wear it, at the end of the day it’s their face and they’re not harming anyone
Maybe we're not harming others, but we're harming ourselves.
Amon-ster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's cool as a hobby, like got nothing against it if it makes someone happy. But if they do it to impress other people just makes me want to pity them tbh. Unless it's your significant other then 💁*♂️.

I think it becomes a problem when society creates this delusion to girls that they NEED to wear make up to feel secure about themselves. Especially younger girls since they're more vulnerable to getting influenced.

Oh another issue is the price of make up, not related to girls wearing it but I seen the price of some make up and I be like you got to be having a laugh 😅
wxgmak
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I find it so much fun to do, I genuinely enjoy putting it on. I’m not insecure without makeup, I haven’t worn makeup in a while because they’re no special occasions. Idek how to describe it but I love practising it as a hobby. Makes me feel like a bad b*tch. I don’t cake makeup on I’ve only ever done a full face once and that was prom and I still didn’t wear foundation, my eyes were just heavy.
Last edited by wxgmak; 4 months ago
-Quava-
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amon-ster)
It's cool as a hobby, like got nothing against it if it makes someone happy. But if they do it to impress other people just makes me want to pity them tbh. Unless it's your significant other then 💁*♂️.

I think it becomes a problem when society creates this delusion to girls that they NEED to wear make up to feel secure about themselves. Especially younger girls since they're more vulnerable to getting influenced.

Oh another issue is the price of make up, not related to girls wearing it but I seen the price of some make up and I be like you got to be having a laugh 😅
Yeah, I feel like a lot of us feel like we need in order to present ourselves in the best way because the natural, original version of us is not good enough to show.

True, if you add up foundation, concealer, setting powder, bronzer, highlighter, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss, mascara, eyeliner, brow pencils ect that adds up...
My money could very well be going elsewhere more useful but it doesn't? Why- because I feel makeup is a necessity (don't agree with the way I think anymore.)
-Quava-
Rep:
?
(Original post by wxgmak)
I find it so much fun to do, I genuinely enjoy putting it on. I’m not insecure without makeup, I haven’t worn makeup in a while because they’re no special occasions. Idek how to describe it but I love practising it as a hobby. Makes me feel like a bad b*tch. I don’t cake makeup on I’ve only ever done a full face once and that was prom and I still didn’t wear foundation, my eyes were just heavy.
I'm not going to deny that it is fun and not to mention theraputic.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

It boosts my self-confidence and makes me look like a recently dead corpse instead of a long-time dead one. I don't wear loads, just enough to cover the horrendous bits. I wear it every day, but only if I'm going somewhere. If I'm spending a day in the house then I won't wear it.
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I wear the same stuff but including a little bit of blush and bronzer.
I think it's a little bit but when you lay it out like that....
Also considering that there are girls that wear a lot more than us.
True, it is tiring and effortful. I also feel like I have to wear it.
Oh I forgot to write blusher, I wear a lot of that as well (soft girl aesthetic lol)
I don't wear bronzer or contour much though.
Tho sometimes I actually wonder how much money I've spent simply on makeup in the past year though, I do feel like many were impulse buys
Why do you feel like you have to wear it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (50)
30.67%
No (85)
52.15%
Don't know (28)
17.18%

Watched Threads