The Student Room Group

gcse mocks

hiya!! i have my mocks approaching and our school has told us to start revising now. i don’t think i have enough time to write notes for my subjects (esp science) so i’m thinking of making flashcards and using them as my way to revise for most of my subjects. however with science, due to the fact that i didn’t have a teacher for most of my course i didn’t really learn the content. so i don’t know if i should do flashcards and try to memorise them or if i should try to fill in the gaps and learn the content properly through ezyscience etc
I think you should learn it properly even though it will take more time but you do need to know it all ultimately. I would suggest going through textbooks/revision guides and something that helped clear my concepts were youtube videos. Freesciencelessons, Science with Hazel and myGCSEscience are AMAZING channels which go through pretty much the whole specification. So, I'd definitely recommend them but other than that practice as many past paper questions as you can so you get used to exam style questions and know how to approach them. Good luck with your mocks Xx
Original post by Zzzzzzz17
I think you should learn it properly even though it will take more time but you do need to know it all ultimately. I would suggest going through textbooks/revision guides and something that helped clear my concepts were youtube videos. Freesciencelessons, Science with Hazel and myGCSEscience are AMAZING channels which go through pretty much the whole specification. So, I'd definitely recommend them but other than that practice as many past paper questions as you can so you get used to exam style questions and know how to approach them. Good luck with your mocks Xx

thank youuu!! and i’ll check them out and will start learning asap!!
Original post by E.ky
thank youuu!! and i’ll check them out and will start learning asap!!

Your welcome, glad I could help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest