Keep coughing but I don’t feel ill? Watch

Viennaaxo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I don’t have a cold, but for the past few days I’ve been having a dry feeling throat, and I’ve been coughing a lot. I haven’t been coughing anything up, and it doesn’t make the pleghmy sound when I cough. However it has been happening on/off all day, I just had a coughing fit and I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I do have asthma btw but it’s never been this bad, I just moved up north and it’s very cold, possibly the cold air ? But any ideas what this could be? I don’t feel like it’s serious enough to go to the doctors for , however if I’m still like this on Friday I will be going to the doctors. Thanks!
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Call 111 if you're worried.
heidigirl1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Does it feel like it might be your asthma? Is the cough wheezy at all? Does using your rescue (ventolin/salbutamol) inhaler help? You could try it if you haven't already. It's not uncommon for your asthma to change, especially if your environment has changed (such as it being a lot colder-mine's been playing up the last couple of days because it's been cold and damp). Do you take regular medication for your asthma and have you discussed what you should do if you're having a flare up (stepping up a dose of your maintenance inhaler is often totally fine but still something you should discuss first if you've not been told previously to do so). If not, a visit to your GP/asthma nurse might be a good idea.

Of course, it could also be just a regular cough. It is the time of year for coughs and colds after all. You might just be getting post-nasal drip that's making you cough (this is a likely culprit if it's tickly). If you're sure it's not your asthma, it probably doesn't require a trip to the doctors unless it goes on for a more significant amount of time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (167)
26.94%
Not great so far... (224)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (119)
19.19%

Watched Threads