The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything from 11KBW or 4 Stone?
I hope we’re all keeping well and occupied ahead of Thursday morning! Has anyone ever been phoned to be told that they were unsuccessful on offer day? I’m guessing most people have GW updates or emails, but has anyone had a phone call before?
Original post by Neonpupil
I hope we’re all keeping well and occupied ahead of Thursday morning! Has anyone ever been phoned to be told that they were unsuccessful on offer day? I’m guessing most people have GW updates or emails, but has anyone had a phone call before?

Not on GW day as such but I’ve had 2 sets call me to say I was unsuccessful before. I don’t know if it’s because there were only 2 of us in the final round for one and 3 of us in the final round for the other. (I know - I’m the epitome of unlucky ✌🏽😙)

They were very nice about it though. All my GW rejections on that day are by email or sometimes gateway status update only. Sometimes it takes a while because those with offers don’t accept for a while!
I received a missed call from a restricted number today and I'm panicking.
I can’t be the only one who is feeling incredibly apprehensive for Thursday. It definitely feels like results day for an important exam. The nerves are real at this point - anyone have any tips / advice on how to distract myself/ divert my mind elsewhere?

Cheers guys!
Original post by AliBrum123
I can’t be the only one who is feeling incredibly apprehensive for Thursday. It definitely feels like results day for an important exam. The nerves are real at this point - anyone have any tips / advice on how to distract myself/ divert my mind elsewhere?

Cheers guys!

Completely understand. I find meditation works and seeing the bigger picture. But whatever happens tomorrow the results do not define you.

Good luck though to you and all of us!

Cheers guys!

Trying to remind myself that making it to Gateway day is a massive achievement. I have never got this far before and getting this close means we're doing something right/improving each time. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not completely anxious and dreading any phone notification!!
4 Brick Court rejection out. Good luck to those who are still in it x
Has anyone's Hardwicke gateway changed to under consideration?
Mine has not - has yours?
Has anyone’s status changed for Essex Court, 7KBW or Fountain Court?
Has anyone heard anything from 7 Harrington Street?
Has anyone heard from Furnival Chambers (non-gateway) post 2nd interview?
Does anyone know if chambers reject post 2nd round interview, the day before offer day? Or do they wait until offer day to reject / offer etc
Does anyone know if chambers reject post 2nd round interview, the day before offer day? Or do they wait until offer day to reject / offer etc

They are supposed to wait until offer day.
Original post by crime_doesnt_pay
They are supposed to wait until offer day.

Is this written down anywhere or just customary?
Is this written down anywhere or just customary?

I think it's based on guidelines that chambers get, but not sure, it's just something that I heard. Clearly some chambers are not following this. Although if you were definitely not going to get an offer or a reserve I'd rather know sooner rather than later that I'm going to be rejected!
Original post by k-92
I’ve had a gateway rejection today with not even so much as an email from the chambers itself. Pretty poor.

Original post by crime_doesnt_pay
I think it's based on guidelines that chambers get, but not sure, it's just something that I heard. Clearly some chambers are not following this. Although if you were definitely not going to get an offer or a reserve I'd rather know sooner rather than later that I'm going to be rejected!

K-92 - that is dreadful; I’m sorry to hear that.

Crime_doesent_pay - I see but in light of k-92’s post, I do not think chambers are following that guidance. Unless there has been a glitch with the Gateway, which has automatically changed for all candidates - this is just a guess as tech is not always reliable. Anyway, I hope that everyone has a restful evening and good luck for tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I have felt pretty much every feeling all of you will feel.

As I’ve posted before, I am currently a pupil but didn’t get any offers on offer day (got a reserve). I woke up to the rejection emails... I didn’t even wake up actually, because I quite literally laid awake all night. I couldn’t even watch tv or read because I felt too sick with anxiety. Refreshed my emails at 8.55am repeatedly and saw (what I thought) was my pupillage dreams vanish in two pings.

Going through that pain- and it was painful, I cried and hugged my mum- made getting pupillage eventually that much better. “Not yet” doesn’t mean “never”.

For those of you that are successful, a massive congratulations obviously. Try and keep that elation with you; during the really hard times in pupillage, that feeling of happiness, relief and gratefulness has carried me through.

I wish you all the best of luck. Feel free to message me... about pretty much anything.
Good luck to everyone waiting for results today, I hope it goes well for you all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending