minnieibs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I got an offer from Newcastle for law and it says ABB including Arabic
I did Arabic Alevel a year early in 2019 (I’m a non native speaker) and achieved an A, does this offer mean the A in the ABB can be Arabic? I’m predicted A*AA and I am aiming for that so it’s okay if Arabic isn’t included but I’m just confused with the wording of the offer.
I also got an offer from the University of Manchester for AAA and they didn’t mention Arabic which is why I an wondering. Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone else applying for university and on their alevels!
zoe002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you definitely put the A in Arabic as an Achieved grade? They probably just skimmed over the grades and didn't notice that you had already done it. In which case, The ABB probably can include the Arabic, but not 100% sure.
minnieibs
Rep:
?
(Original post by zoe002)
Did you definitely put the A in Arabic as an Achieved grade? They probably just skimmed over the grades and didn't notice that you had already done it. In which case, The ABB probably can include the Arabic, but not 100% sure.
Yeah Arabic is an achieved grade on my application and they are aware it is because I had to email admissions directly because of an issue so I sent proof and everything. It’s not really much of an issue but it’s nice to have an easy offer of just two Bs
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by minnieibs)
Yeah Arabic is an achieved grade on my application and they are aware it is because I had to email admissions directly because of an issue so I sent proof and everything. It’s not really much of an issue but it’s nice to have an easy offer of just two Bs
you can essentially ignore it. provided you get at least two Bs in your other subjects, you're in
minnieibs
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
you can essentially ignore it. provided you get at least two Bs in your other subjects, you're in
Thank you!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by minnieibs)
It sounds like they are including the Arabic in their offer if they asked for proof of it, but if in doubt why not email or phone Newcastle Admissions and ask them to clarify your offer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads