HisMajesty_Kwabz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My friend got an unconditional offer from the University of Winchester for Creative Writing
Mk_c189
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Guyss i need help, im really trying to get into the University of Nottingham 😭 just about trying to scrape that AAB predicted grade but im scared i will only get predicted ABB. i dont know what to do i need helpp and i have nonclue what to do about my personal statement- i need to stand outt . I need serious help pleaseeee
Academicbee123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mk_c189)
Guyss i need help, im really trying to get into the University of Nottingham 😭 just about trying to scrape that AAB predicted grade but im scared i will only get predicted ABB. i dont know what to do i need helpp and i have nonclue what to do about my personal statement- i need to stand outt . I need serious help pleaseeee
What subject?
Megaman101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m sure many of you have been invited to applicant days - is there any point of going if I do t have to?
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
SUNDAY BONUS UPDATE

Because I knew you couldn't wait until tomorrow night, the Big List has just been updated with 101 new offers (and a rejection) from a total of 34 unis. We have heard from these universities for the first time: London Met and Regents.

Thank you, everyone, for continuing to post your updates --- both here and on other threads.
nathan_nacu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Megaman101)
I’m sure many of you have been invited to applicant days - is there any point of going if I do t have to?
Think of it as a more intensive open day. I actually highly recommend, its very close to Uni life and the whole day is spent in relation to your department and why THEY are better suited for you so it’s basically a day when they sell themselves with what they all have to offer best and you can experience your course. If it’s too inconvenient for you I suggest not going but I’ve only visited 1 of my 5 choices so i plan on going to 3 offer holders days (if i get the offers)
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lewis6969)
ikr! i asked my tutor to send it to ucas since he had finished my reference in class and he told me thats not how it works and that the college dont send off applications until january which is stupid af
Get your parents to phone the head of A level programmes to complain, but be aware that your tutor may have just got the wrong end of the stick!
Last edited by harrysbar; 3 weeks ago
m098
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Good for you!
I ended up getting into the rest of my unis except for one!! have you gotten any updates yet?
Last edited by m098; 3 weeks ago
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by m098)
I ended up getting into the rest of my unis as well!! have you gotten any updates yet?
I've already been to uni but happy for you that you got offers from all your unis
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My tutor sent off my application to UCAS when I asked her to send it back to me this morning! There was some changes to my statement I wanted to make after harrysbar sent it and now I cant, there was even a spelling error oh no, I’m definitely not getting any offers now
alibunny18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
liverpool psychology BB
loughborough with placement AAB
applied 02/11/19
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nathan_nacu)
My tutor sent off my application to UCAS when I asked her to send it back to me this morning! There was some changes to my statement I wanted to make after harrysbar sent it and now I cant, there was even a spelling error oh no, I’m definitely not getting any offers now
Oh dear! Give UCAS a ring and see if they can help, although I don't think the personal statement can be amended once it has been sent

If it can't be amended, you could email your 5 uni Admissions offices and explain your tutor sent it before you had written the final draft - ask if you can send them an alternative copy directly
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh dear! Give UCAS a ring and see if they can help, although I don't think the personal statement can be amended once it has been sent

If it can't be amended, you could email your 5 uni Admissions offices and explain your tutor sent it before you had written the final draft - ask if you can send them an alternative copy directly
The worst part is she sent it at 8:46am this morning, i was literally walking to my LNAT centre to write my test and I was just so surprised, confused and annoyed. It messed with my head and my anxiety made me worry, i had a panic attack during my test. It was terrible because my test actually felt good, the MCQ felt relatively easy (I’m worried about that😂) and I got an essay question on a topic i learnt about in school for a whole month! It was all supposed to go so well but it was all terrible........ I’ll try and call UCAS today and see what happened
Tutsani
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Silas20)
Beginning of October
ohh so before the october 15th deadline then? Thanks and congrats again!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The worst part is she sent it at 8:46am this morning, i was literally walking to my LNAT centre to write my test and I was just so surprised, confused and annoyed. It messed with my head and my anxiety made me worry, i had a panic attack during my test. It was terrible because my test actually felt good, the MCQ felt relatively easy (I’m worried about that😂) and I got an essay question on a topic i learnt about in school for a whole month! It was all supposed to go so well but it was all terrible........ I’ll try and call UCAS today and see what happened
Aw that sounds awful :console: sorry to hear about all the stress
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Aw that sounds awful :console: sorry to hear about all the stress
Thank u for ur concern 🥂 i called UCAS they said i can withdraw the application and do the process again to re-apply, but they said they don’t know what my Unis might think if they’d already seen my application and see me applying again so idk what the best course of action is..... I’m just tired and frustrated
mistysky06
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by r3320)
laaaaads

yup, fingers crossed!

durham was AAA or AAB if i make them my firm
is that a contextual offer or are Durham just giving out lower offers?
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank u for ur concern 🥂 i called UCAS they said i can withdraw the application and do the process again to re-apply, but they said they don’t know what my Unis might think if they’d already seen my application and see me applying again so idk what the best course of action is..... I’m just tired and frustrated
What mistake have you made. A spelling mistake is unlikely to have a major impact on whether or not you get acceptances. If it is the wrong university you can amend that within 7 days yourself and a further 7 days through ucas.
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
What mistake have you made. A spelling mistake is unlikely to have a major impact on whether or not you get acceptances. If it is the wrong university you can amend that within 7 days yourself and a further 7 days through ucas.
I don’t know..... all the open days i went to the law tutors said there’s nothing they hate more than grammatical errors, I’m not even a traditional 3 A-Level applicant so the odds were already against me this just lets me worse off. And I didn’t make the mistake, i asked my tutor to send it to me but she sent it to UCAS, hardly see how that’s my fault.....
username4946528
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just got an offer from Exeter for Politics and International Relations with Study Abroad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (69)
19.55%
Labour (171)
48.44%
Liberal Democrats (49)
13.88%
Green Party (21)
5.95%
Brexit Party (4)
1.13%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.85%
SNP (8)
2.27%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.85%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (5)
1.42%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)