The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shakozzz
Congrats!! If you dont mind me asking, what were your predictives and when did you submit your application?

I’m an international applicant from Singapore and I’m currently serving my military obligations, so it’s an offer for 2021! Also, I’ve already received my results: 4 H2 As, 1 H1 A (General Paper) and 1 H1 B (Project Work).

Edit: Submitted on 15 Oct to meet Oxford’s deadline (plez grant me an interview ;-; )
(edited 4 years ago)
Durham law!!! Conditional on ielts
I received an offer for PPE at Durham and Politics and Economics at Bristol.
Anyone get maths with modern languages offer from UCL?
Another for English Lit at Bristol :smile:
Anyone with offers from Kings for psychology?
offer from Warwick for ABB for Biochemistry
Hi, I just got an offer from Warwick for History (AAA). I applied Friday 8th November and got my offer today (Saturday 16th November). Warwick is my insurance at the moment (waiting to hear from LSE and KCL for History and International Relations) however I'd be more than happy to go to Warwick. Has anyone else got offers for History?
Original post by krworrall
Hi, I just got an offer from Warwick for History (AAA). I applied Friday 8th November and got my offer today (Saturday 16th November). Warwick is my insurance at the moment (waiting to hear from LSE and KCL for History and International Relations) however I'd be more than happy to go to Warwick. Has anyone else got offers for History?

Yep! Hello my fellow historian! There's not many of us about here.
I got my offer from Warwick this Tuesday after applying on the 15th October. Warwick are also my insurance if Oxford and Durham reject me.
I'd also be happy to go to Warwick - it seems to be full of people that actually want to be there.

Best of luck to you with LSE and KCL!!
Original post by Ludendwarf
Yep! Hello my fellow historian! There's not many of us about here.
I got my offer from Warwick this Tuesday after applying on the 15th October. Warwick are also my insurance if Oxford and Durham reject me.
I'd also be happy to go to Warwick - it seems to be full of people that actually want to be there.

Best of luck to you with...

Congratulations on your offer! We do seem very few and far between here actually, so it’s nice to see someone else who is interested in the same sorts of things as myself. I’ve always wanted to study in London but I’m not holding out too much hope for LSE after looking into the acceptance rates haha. All the best for Oxford and Durham anyway!!
Someone on the LSE thread just reported the first LSE offer for economics
Original post by krworrall
Congratulations on your offer! We do seem very few and far between here actually, so it’s nice to see someone else who is interested in the same sorts of things as myself. I’ve always wanted to study in London but I’m not holding out too much hope for LSE after looking into the acceptance rates haha. All the best for Oxford and Durham anyway!!

Thank you!!
London would be a cracking place to study, I do agree. LSE's history course sounded beautiful; I wish you all the luck in the world with your application. If you've already gotten an offer from Warwick - one of the Uk's top unis - I am sure LSE is not out of your grasp. It can never hurt to try. Oxford is my own 'leap into the dark' (so is Durham to an extent). A bit of hope never did anyone wrong.

My fingers are crossed for you!! Best of luck with LSE and KCL!
got an offer for Anthropology and History from Birmingham on the 14th. The offer is ABB, with an A in history, or ABC with an A in history and EPQ if i firm them
Offer from Manchester(A*,A*,A), UCL (A,A,A) and Bath (A,A, A with an A in EPQ or AAAB in 4 subjects) for physics.
Original post by PL1234
Offer from Manchester(A*,A*,A), UCL (A,A,A) and Bath (A,A, A with an A in EPQ or AAAB in 4 subjects) for physics.

Congrats!! May I ask your predicted grades if you are willing to tell? When did you get the offer from UCL?
Original post by FEIFEIFEIFEI
Congrats!! May I ask your predicted grades if you are willing to tell? When did you get the offer from UCL?

Sure and thank you!!! My offer for UCL came on the 29th of October I believe. My predicted grades are 4A*s with an EPQ but I’m not sure of that predicted grade. Are you also applying for UCL?
Original post by PL1234
Sure and thank you!!! My offer for UCL came on the 29th of October I believe. My predicted grades are 4A*s with an EPQ but I’m not sure of that predicted grade. Are you also applying for UCL?

Yes, I'm on a gap year actually with achieved IB grades.
Original post by SelinaKim
Does anyone know roughly when does UCL give decisions for BSc Management Science?

Applied for management science aswell.
Offers from Bristol & KCL for biomedical sciences
Original post by anonymousgirl11
(Original post by 学生の父)These are the early offers reported on TSR so far (consolidated list 15/11/19, 11.50 p.m.):

Okay guys so I got an offer for Economics in Manchester about a week after submitting my appication, I have a predicted 44 in the IB and I'm in the november session. I applied for Econ to manchester, LSE (ISPP and econ), UCL, Kings College and Warwick. I have other friends who applied to some of these universities but to other courses (History and Sociology) and they already got offers to Warwick, UCL and Kings.

This kind of makes me nervous, does this mean I'm not going to get offers? or is it because Economics is more competitive? What do you think?

Hi! Fellow IB student applying to study psychology - economics is pretty competitive but you have an amazing prediction! LSE is known to not respond until around Feb/March 2020, UCL seems to take quite long for competitive courses, King's is very hit or miss (I received my offer exactly a month after submitting), and I've heard the same about UCL.

No response is better than a rejection! I think you're completely fine as long as you have a readable PS.

Latest

Trending

Trending