Issue with ucas typing error in my personal statement. Watch

2468h3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My ucas application has just been sent in and I have found they made a mistake with my personal statement. In my personal statement, I wrote how I learnt the C# programming language. This seemed fine as in the ucas application the # character showed up fine. However, when checking on ucas track I found that it has been removed, so now it just says C. This is a big mistake as C# and C are to very different programming languages and I don't want the universities to get the wrong ideas. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or is it just an error displaying it on ucas track?
2468h3
Rep:
?
In my personal statement, I originally wrote "C#" in reference to the programming language. However, on Ucas track, it has been replaced with just C - even though on the application website it still says it was C#. This is a very significant change and I want to know how I can rectify this error?
minnieibs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
email [email protected] about your issue and they will have fix it for you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by minnieibs)
email [email protected] about your issue and they will have fix it for you
No they won’t. That’s for amending qualifications.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 2468h3)
In my personal statement, I originally wrote "C#" in reference to the programming language. However, on Ucas track, it has been replaced with just C - even though on the application website it still says it was C#. This is a very significant change and I want to know how I can rectify this error?
What does it look like on Apply? The copy on Track isn’t reflective of how it will appear to universities - the preview on Apply is.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The UCAS character set does support the number sign (#), so it should appear properly.
2468h3
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
What does it look like on Apply? The copy on Track isn’t reflective of how it will appear to universities - the preview on Apply is.
Apply has the # symbol, which was why I was confused. Thanks for letting me know, but I think i'll still phone ucas just in case!
notapieceoffruit
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could you type C-sharp?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Apply has the # symbol, which was why I was confused. Thanks for letting me know, but I think i'll still phone ucas just in case!
It's fine then.

UCAS Track is just a bit **** at showing information from Apply.
2468h3
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It's fine then.

UCAS Track is just a bit **** at showing information from Apply.
I called UCAS and they said it wasn't showing so now I have to email/phone each department and tell them the mistake. Idk why ucas can't just do it themselves lol it's their mistake
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I called UCAS and they said it wasn't showing so now I have to email/phone each department and tell them the mistake. Idk why ucas can't just do it themselves lol it's their mistake
I honestly wouldn’t bother. It showed correctly in Apply. It almost certainly shows correctly to universities - the people answering the phones at ucas aren’t great at giving accurate responses to anything slightly unusual (and if it doesn’t then you can just explain at any interview that UCAS stripped out the # symbol after you submitted your application).
2468h3
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
I honestly wouldn’t bother. It showed correctly in Apply. It almost certainly shows correctly to universities - the people answering the phones at ucas aren’t great at giving accurate responses to anything slightly unusual (and if it doesn’t then you can just explain at any interview that UCAS stripped out the # symbol after you submitted your application).
I ended up bothering andtoday I just got an offer from Warwick! I guess there's no need to worry about the other unis then haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads