Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone,
I am currently in my first year of uni and I have a problem with my roommates. The problem is that my roommates want me and another guy to contribute some money into buying foods and other things, the problem is that I have already budgeted the amount of money I need for food as well as other items and I don’t really like putting money towards a group of people who would spend the money on alcohol and other items for party’s. Also my roommates always have party inside our accommodation or attend to other party’s or night clubs every Saturdays.
My question is should I contribute some money into the group for foods and other items, which could effect my budget?

And if not how should I approach my roommates without being a *******?
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you don’t want to don’t do it. Simply state what you aid here about budgeting. If they don’t like it that’s not your problem.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,
I am currently in my first year of uni and I have a problem with my roommates. The problem is that my roommates want me and another guy to contribute some money into buying foods and other things, the problem is that I have already budgeted the amount of money I need for food as well as other items and I don’t really like putting money towards a group of people who would spend the money on alcohol and other items for party’s. Also my roommates always have party inside our accommodation or attend to other party’s or night clubs every Saturdays.
My question is should I contribute some money into the group for foods and other items, which could effect my budget?

And if not how should I approach my roommates without being a *******?
Hi there. I think you should tell your flatmates straight up that you don't want to involve in it. It's okay to say no, just explain your situation to them as you have a budget and would prefer to buy items for yourself etc (assuming money is tight). Are you close with your flatmates that has sparkled this discussion or did they just ask out of the blue? Depending on that, just be honest with them. You don't have to contribute if you don't feel like it, and if they force you it's financial abuse which you can deal with further. Just go about it in a friendly and understanding matter.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there. I think you should tell your flatmates straight up that you don't want to involve in it. It's okay to say no, just explain your situation to them as you have a budget and would prefer to buy items for yourself etc (assuming money is tight). Are you close with your flatmates that has sparkled this discussion or did they just ask out of the blue? Depending on that, just be honest with them. You don't have to contribute if you don't feel like it, and if they force you it's financial abuse which you can deal with further. Just go about it in a friendly and understanding matter.
Sure,thanks for your advice. Also my roommates just ask me in the blue
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (9)
64.29%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
14.29%

Watched Threads