The Student Room Group

High paying jobs in science?

Not medicine
Why, are you thinking of going into science? Where do your interests lie?
Rocket scientist.
@Oxford Mum well I really like physics, any part of physics really, mostly radioactivity though.
Well that is what you should aim for, fluffy not just something that’s well paid. There’s nothing that beats really loving your job.

Why not apply for physics at uni? Are you still at school?
@Oxford Mum yeah I have to choose my A level subjects soon.
Thanks harrys

Guess you will be picking physics of course
Original post by Oxford Mum
Thanks harrys

Guess you will be picking physics of course

Well paid is all relative I guess but it's not a bad career in terms of the work/pay balance
I think if you are interested in physics and radioactivity then you can definitely earn well. Radiation is a big think in the world right now in relation to medicine, energy, research and maybe even engineering (or weapons).
But, most science jobs pay well you just have to work hard at them like with any high paying job so, just find something that you enjoy enough to work very hard in.
Hope that helped somewhat and good luck. 🍀
If salary is your priority then high paid opportunities in science in the UK are few and far between unless you are exceptionally hard-working and lucky. Only choose it if you have a true passion for it otherwise it will be a lot of work for little reward. If pay is your priority go into finance and be prepared to spend your life sitting at a desk counting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending