The Student Room Group

Latin Gcse

I do the eduqas board of Latin gcse. I usually use revision guides and textbooks for my studies but Latin gcse has no textbook, revision guides nor any useful websites. I’m struggling in Latin and with mocks and my real exams coming up I don’t know what to do. Help me.
Hi I'm a second year A level Latin student :smile:
Was 1 mark off a 9 at GCSE :/
For language, go through the list of vocab given by the exam board and make sure you've learnt it all
Composition- wouldn't recommend
Comprehension- much more straightforward at GCSE, just make sure you know your grammar relatively well. Go through grammar class notes if you have them?

Literature- make sure you know all of the translations OFF BY HEART.
if you've been through the text making stylistic points make sure you know those.
Get a blank text, translate it then pick out stylistic points maybe?
That's literally it! No need for revision guides etc.
Good luck :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Hello, I recommend ‘Latin GCSE: A Revision Handbook’ by Iraklis Lampadariou. You can get this online and it gives you all the grammar points and vocabulary lists for GCSE.

I also recommend using Quizlet for vocabulary learning and translation practice (I liked to learn my translations line by line, but whatever works for you is best!), if you can’t find them on Quizlet you could make your own Quizlets for long term use. And make sure you learn the language points you’re provided with.

Hope this helps 👍

From a Grade 9 Latin Student
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest