Randomperson1213
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I do the eduqas board of Latin gcse. I usually use revision guides and textbooks for my studies but Latin gcse has no textbook, revision guides nor any useful websites. I’m struggling in Latin and with mocks and my real exams coming up I don’t know what to do. Help me.
sherlockfanatic
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Randomperson1213)
I do the eduqas board of Latin gcse. I usually use revision guides and textbooks for my studies but Latin gcse has no textbook, revision guides nor any useful websites. I’m struggling in Latin and with mocks and my real exams coming up I don’t know what to do. Help me.
Hi I'm a second year A level Latin student
Was 1 mark off a 9 at GCSE :/
For language, go through the list of vocab given by the exam board and make sure you've learnt it all
Composition- wouldn't recommend
Comprehension- much more straightforward at GCSE, just make sure you know your grammar relatively well. Go through grammar class notes if you have them?

Literature- make sure you know all of the translations OFF BY HEART.
if you've been through the text making stylistic points make sure you know those.
Get a blank text, translate it then pick out stylistic points maybe?
That's literally it! No need for revision guides etc.
Good luck
Randomperson1213
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by sherlockfanatic)
Hi I'm a second year A level Latin student
Was 1 mark off a 9 at GCSE :/
For language, go through the list of vocab given by the exam board and make sure you've learnt it all
Composition- wouldn't recommend
Comprehension- much more straightforward at GCSE, just make sure you know your grammar relatively well. Go through grammar class notes if you have them?

Literature- make sure you know all of the translations OFF BY HEART.
if you've been through the text making stylistic points make sure you know those.
Get a blank text, translate it then pick out stylistic points maybe?
That's literally it! No need for revision guides etc.
Good luck
Thank you so much🥰. I’ll definitely use your advice. What would you suggest for Civilisation?
AS_29
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Randomperson1213)
Hello, I recommend ‘Latin GCSE: A Revision Handbook’ by Iraklis Lampadariou. You can get this online and it gives you all the grammar points and vocabulary lists for GCSE.

I also recommend using Quizlet for vocabulary learning and translation practice (I liked to learn my translations line by line, but whatever works for you is best!), if you can’t find them on Quizlet you could make your own Quizlets for long term use. And make sure you learn the language points you’re provided with.

Hope this helps 👍

From a Grade 9 Latin Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (187)
15.44%
Uncertainty around my education (197)
16.27%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (117)
9.66%
Isolating with family (85)
7.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (46)
3.8%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (104)
8.59%
Loneliness (118)
9.74%
Financial worries (52)
4.29%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.35%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (106)
8.75%

Watched Threads