Kumahbenjamin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
University of Hertfordshire and Oxford Brookes university which is bigger??
Joe1000000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What do you mean by bigger?

The University of Hertsfordshire has more students? ~25k vs ~18k for Oxford Brookes.
HertsExRep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kumahbenjamin)
University of Hertfordshire and Oxford Brookes university which is bigger??
Hi Kumahbenjamin!

Although I am a Herts student, I have also visited Brookes for a couple of open days, so hopefully I can provide some insight

Hertfordshire has 25,000 students whilst Brookes has 18,000.

However I would say that these figures can be a little misleading. At Herts, the 25,000 number includes students on industrial placement, students doing study-abroad and possibly even those doing distance learning. I wouldn't say it feels like there are this many people actually at the University day to day.

It's hard to compare the two Universities by campus size. This is because Herts is set out across 2 large campuses (which are very close to each other) whereas Brookes is split into 3 smaller campuses with accommodation across different locations (although some campuses do have accommodation). This is more typical of a city University. Whether you prefer a city or campus University layout is really down to your personal preference. Each have their pros and cons.

I would say Hertfordshire has larger campuses than Brookes, with more facilities in one place, but Brookes may take up a larger land area when you add together all of its campuses, and accommodation sites.

Let me know if you have any further questions about Hertfordshire!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (80)
57.97%
Yes- I don't like it (8)
5.8%
No- I want it (43)
31.16%
No- I don't want it (7)
5.07%

Watched Threads

Latest