mussiegirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I really can't attend school anymore. I am suffering from anxiety very badly due for a few different reasons. I just can't face it anymore but I really want to apply for Uni for next year. I am due to sit 5 Highers next May.

Does anyone know if schools would let you study from home and still sit the assessments? Do they provide any support at all? I don't know where to start. Has anyone else done or doing this? I don't want to give up on my studying.
JustGettinBy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Best thing to do is explain the situation to your school and ask them. Strangers on a forum can't give you as certain as an answer as your actual place of education.
PAPYRUS-UK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mussiegirl)
I really can't attend school anymore. I am suffering from anxiety very badly due for a few different reasons. I just can't face it anymore but I really want to apply for Uni for next year. I am due to sit 5 Highers next May.

Does anyone know if schools would let you study from home and still sit the assessments? Do they provide any support at all? I don't know where to start. Has anyone else done or doing this? I don't want to give up on my studying.
Hi there,

It sounds so tough feeling as though you can't face school anymore - anxiety can feel really overwhelming and isolating. However, it also sounds really positive that you wish to pursue your education so it may be beneficial being open and honest with your school and exploring the options with them. How would you feel about this?

Best Wishes,
Poppy :flower2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.97%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.7%
I don't think they'd understand (50)
15.15%
It might lead to more bullying (124)
37.58%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.61%

Watched Threads