TheEmperor3141
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello everyone!

I am currently filling in my UCAS form online, and would like to put in 'Young Enterprise' as a qualification. However, when I look at the 'OCR Level 3 Certificate for Young Enterprise' qualification, it asks me to say what mark I got:

Name:  Picture2.png
Views: 8
Size:  169.9 KB

I never did an exam; I was just part of a Young Enterprise Company, and got a certificate of participation at the end (and our team came 3rd in the South West, so we got a trophy).

Were we supposed to take an exam in Young Enterprise, or should I just leave it off my UCAS as I haven't done a test that may-or-may-not exist? (or maybe just select 'pass'?)

Thanks,

Harry
Attached files
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What you did at school was a competitive way of introducing you to aspects surrounding entrepreneurship. It wasn't a qualification, so shouldn't appear in that part of the UCAS form.

If you feel that your experience in Young Enterprise helped you with your chosen subject, put into context in your personal statement. Or ask your referee to mention how well you did. 3rd in the south-west of England is an excellent result.
TheEmperor3141
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
What you did at school was a competitive way of introducing you to aspects surrounding entrepreneurship. It wasn't a qualification, so shouldn't appear in that part of the UCAS form.

If you feel that your experience in Young Enterprise helped you with your chosen subject, put into context in your personal statement. Or ask your referee to mention how well you did. 3rd in the south-west of England is an excellent result.
Oh, I see. I'll definitely put it in my personal statement. Is there any way of completing the exam now to 'formalise' it? I can't find it in the OCR website.

Thanks,
Harry
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheEmperor3141)
Oh, I see. I'll definitely put it in my personal statement. Is there any way of completing the exam now to 'formalise' it? I can't find it in the OCR website.

Thanks,
Harry
It's described on page 7 of this pdf: https://www.ocr.org.uk/images/21695-...ifications.pdf The brochure is dated 2012, so they may have discontinued the qualification.

Other than that, I can't find it on the OCR website either. Ask the teacher in charge of your school's enterprise programme if they've heard of this qualification?
Last edited by 学生の父; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads