Have I got OCD? Watch

M666
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So, everyday when I touch things like handrails, handles, keyboard's ect I feel like I wanna wash my hands straight after and feel like I can't touch my own personal belongings as I don't wanna get the bacteria/germs onto them. Surely when you touch something that has germs on it with your hands, you then carry/spread the germs that are on my hands onto other things?

I don't mind getting dirty, greasy hands but as long as I can wash my hands after I'm okay. So do I have OCD, symptoms of OCD or just good hygiene?
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I’m kinda like this so I always carry hand sanitiser with me 😂. I’m not crazy about it so I’d just say it’s good hygiene tbh. But I also remember things like our own phone etc are full of germs so it is inevitable
Last edited by OR321; 4 days ago
M666
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
I’m kinda like this so I always carry hand sanitiser with me 😂. I’m not crazy about it so I’d just say it’s good hygiene tbh. But I also remember things like our own phone etc are full of germs
Yeah I carry hand sanitiser with me too 😆 Yeah I'm aware of that, which is why I clean my phone once a week 🙂
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Depends on severity and how it impacts your life. I have had it for a long time and is very deliberating if not treated.
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by M666)
Yeah I carry hand sanitiser with me too 😆 Yeah I'm aware of that, which is why I clean my phone once a week 🙂
Seems like it’s just good hygiene. I mean, I travel in the train a lot aswell and ngl I feel disgusted sometimes just by having to hold the rail 😂
M666
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Seems like it’s just good hygiene. I mean, I travel in the train a lot aswell and ngl I feel disgusted sometimes just by having to hold the rail 😂
Whenever I go on the train, I don't hold the rail, instead I fall the floor when the train moves 🤣 nah, I just corner myself into the carriages
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by M666)
Whenever I go on the train, I don't hold the rail, instead I fall the floor when the train moves 🤣 nah, I just corner myself into the carriages
It’s even worse when there’s people constantly sneezing and coughing around you 😬 especially in the morning coz trains are so crowded
IH8Studying
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
doesn’t everyone do that? the amount of germs there are on the bus and train is disgusting so yeah i’m pretty sure the right thing to do is clean ur hands. won’t lie i don’t do that but i probably should buy a hand sanitiser
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (167)
26.94%
Not great so far... (224)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (119)
19.19%

Watched Threads