Flatmates cook at odd times like 1:00 am or 2:00 am Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It would have been okay if it was like a Friday or Saturday night thing but it's happening almost every ****ing midnight. I have barely gotten any sleep over the last three days. It's annoying af especially when you have got lectures at 9:00 am the very next day. I just wanna sleep peacefully, Is this really too much to ask??? Need advice on how to deal with this situation without spending money on noise cancelling headphones. Thanks.
Anonymous #1
And you should see the state they leave the kitchen in :argh:
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How loud are they cooking?
Like cooking isn't loud?
Can't you wear earplugs or sleep through it? Are you sleeping in the kitchen or something?
Kitten in boots
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Get up at 5 am and make a hell of a lot of noise while making your breakfast.
byakuya kuchki
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
THIS
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It would have been okay if it was like a Friday or Saturday night thing but it's happening almost every ****ing midnight. I have barely gotten any sleep over the last three days. It's annoying af especially when you have got lectures at 9:00 am the very next day. I just wanna sleep peacefully, Is this really too much to ask??? Need advice on how to deal with this situation without spending money on noise cancelling headphones. Thanks.
How many in flat and how many of them cook at this hour?
Have you had a word with them?
You could run it past hall management or if theres a uni rep then past them.
You have to be careful before full confrontation.
Keep a diary of incidents as evidence.

It might quieten down.
If its the norm then I think its unreasonable especially if its waking you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
How loud are they cooking?
Like cooking isn't loud?
Can't you wear earplugs or sleep through it? Are you sleeping in the kitchen or something?
They dont just cook. They talk while cooking. It's like a social gathering. And by 'talk' I mean yell.
They also have this girl in the group who has the most ****ing annoying high-pitched shrieking cackle you will ever hear ngl. They also lock each other in the kitchen sometimes as a joke and the person locked inside screams and keeps knocking.
And no I can't sleep through it, otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
I am kinda considering vacuuming my room and the corridor at 4:30 am in the morning but then again I don't wanna disturb other quiet flatmates who aren't involved in this hooliganism.
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would have a small talk to your flatmates first - they may be unaware that they are making too much noise or that you need to sleep for early lectures. I would also advise getting a good pair of earplugs to block out most of the noise. I wouldn't immediately report them - see if you can resolve the situation between yourselves.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They dont just cook. They talk while cooking. It's like a social gathering. And by 'talk' I mean yell.
They also have this girl in the group who has the most ****ing annoying high-pitched shrieking cackle you will ever hear ngl. They also lock each other in the kitchen sometimes as a joke and the person locked inside screams and keeps knocking.
And no I can't sleep through it, otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread.
Speak to them about it then.
If you're in halls speak to someone there.
It's not fair on you ( I assumed it was one flatmate cooking and you were being a bit overdramatic but makes more sense that its a group of them)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
How many in flat and how many of them cook at this hour?
Have you had a word with them?
You could run it past hall management or if theres a uni rep then past them.
You have to be careful before full confrontation.
Keep a diary of incidents as evidence.

It might quieten down.
If its the norm then I think its unreasonable especially if its waking you.
Thanks for the reply. I think there are like eight people in total on my floor and at least four of them cook at midnight. I havent exactly seen them cooking, I have just heard voices.
I haven't talked to them about this because I am scared. They are all way older than me and I am not ready to have a fight with them.
I think I will email my hall warden but I dont really think they're gonna do anything about it.
I am keeping a mental note of the date and time every time it happens. Fingers crossed, I am hoping this all stops soon. I don't want to fail my exams.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
I would have a small talk to your flatmates first - they may be unaware that they are making too much noise or that you need to sleep for early lectures. I would also advise getting a good pair of earplugs to block out most of the noise. I wouldn't immediately report them - see if you can resolve the situation between yourselves.
I am too scared to tell them face to face...
IH8Studying
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks for the reply. I think there are like eight people in total on my floor and at least four of them cook at midnight. I havent exactly seen them cooking, I have just heard voices.
I haven't talked to them about this because I am scared. They are all way older than me and I am not ready to have a fight with them.
I think I will email my hall warden but I dont really think they're gonna do anything about it.
I am keeping a mental note of the date and time every time it happens. Fingers crossed, I am hoping this all stops soon. I don't want to fail my exams.
how old are they
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
Mental note is no good it need to be a contemporaneous diary. You can use earplugs it might quieten down or just return the favour.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IH8Studying)
how old are they
Maybe like third or fourth year.
The-judge-16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how old are they
You’re everywhere on here
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Mental note is no good it need to be a contemporaneous diary. You can use earplugs it might quieten down or just return the favour.
Okay, I am gonna keep a diary starting from today. I have tried normal earplugs but they don't seem to work. My room is right next to the kitchen and the walls are not sound proof at all.
IH8Studying
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The-judge-16)
You’re everywhere on here
is that a bad thing

Maybe like third or fourth year.
Tell them grown mf’s to pipe it down. you’re not paying 9k to fail ur exams
Anonymous #1
is that a bad thing

Tell them grown mf’s to pipe it down. you’re not paying 9k to fail ur exams
22k per year actually. I am an international student
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am too scared to tell them face to face...
Do you speak to your flatmates at all, or is there a flatmate you feel more comfortable talking with? You don't need to be confrontational or shout at them, just a small word with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.39%
No (106)
73.61%

Watched Threads