help i do two essay based subjects and my timing is terrible. Also I cant spell
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rat rat)
help i do two essay based subjects and my timing is terrible. Also I cant spell
In terms of spelling and grammar, reading more can expose you to more vocabulary and paragraph structure. You can also ask a friend to proof-read your work so you can see where you are going wrong and improve.

In terms of your timing, I would recommend creating essay plans - this will allow you to make sure you cover the points and share your time. Your plan should have an introduction (outline the question and what you will cover), main body (make a list of bullet points in your plan to be covered in responding to the question) and a conclusion (summarise your answer to the question, perhaps highlighting the argument or two that you think it most important).

Practising your essays under timed conditions can also be a big help. The more practice you do, the more you can judge how much time to spend in each area and find a way that works for you.
Rat rat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
In terms of spelling and grammar, reading more can expose you to more vocabulary and paragraph structure. You can also ask a friend to proof-read your work so you can see where you are going wrong and improve.

In terms of your timing, I would recommend creating essay plans - this will allow you to make sure you cover the points and share your time. Your plan should have an introduction (outline the question and what you will cover), main body (make a list of bullet points in your plan to be covered in responding to the question) and a conclusion (summarise your answer to the question, perhaps highlighting the argument or two that you think it most important).

Practising your essays under timed conditions can also be a big help. The more practice you do, the more you can judge how much time to spend in each area and find a way that works for you.
thank you so much !!! i needed this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.97%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.7%
I don't think they'd understand (50)
15.15%
It might lead to more bullying (124)
37.58%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.61%

Watched Threads