Can I get into university with just AS level maths

Watch
QuartzTitan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,
I don't know what I want to study in uni at the moment. Either Environmental and Resource Management BSc or a B.A in Education Studies. I'm doing 4 subjects at A level, namely;History English language Biology And a second languageI was planning to do A level maths but I struggle with the AS math as it is.

I am capable of doing AS but I just don't see myself doing A/A2 maths because I'm not doing amazingly at AS as it is. GCSE maths was really easy for me but now at AS I struggle. I can't imagine A level. It really took a blow to what I think my capabilities are/were.I can't see myself doing 4 maths textbooks for A and I am not sure what exactly what I want to do for university.

I am probably going to go study internationally in Germany as my family originates from there and my father lives there if that info helps at all with the answer. Thanks so much for helping.
Last edited by QuartzTitan; 1 year ago
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you struggled with/didn't enjoy GCSE maths, A level maths is not a good idea

you don't need A level or AS level maths to get into a university that doesn't require maths, and most courses don't
QuartzTitan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
if you struggled with/didn't enjoy GCSE maths, A level maths is not a good idea

you don't need A level or AS level maths to get into a university that doesn't require maths, and most courses don't
I enjoyed and did well at GCSE but now at AS/A level I don't, I do okay/well in course work but when if comes to formal mock exams and tests I barely pass. I don't know it happened 😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (17)
16.04%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.55%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.66%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
39.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
23.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.89%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads