td6299
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i'm struggling on how to create an essay plan for sociology, any help?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by td6299)
i'm struggling on how to create an essay plan for sociology, any help?
Introduction: introduce the topic, define and key words etc
Main body: 3-4 paragraphs with clear distinct points, relevant evidence, good explanation, linking back to the essay question
Conclusion: summing up what has been said and providing a final answer for the question
td6299
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Introduction: introduce the topic, define and key words etc
Main body: 3-4 paragraphs with clear distinct points, relevant evidence, good explanation, linking back to the essay question
Conclusion: summing up what has been said and providing a final answer for the question
Thanks for the help and i was wondering for a 30 marker, how many point would be enough?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the help and i was wondering for a 30 marker, how many point would be enough?
3-4
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this for AQA? if so, remember you get marks for:
12- AO1
9- AO2
9-AO3
Unlike 20 markers, 30 markers need to be a lot more conceptually detailed referring to the item all along.
I do 7 paragraphs, including an intro and a conclusion. Same structure as a 20 marker, except your paragraphs need to be really detailed, the bulk of your essay is pure knowledge.
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
evaluate every point you make. i can't be any more specific than that.

6 paragraphs during a 30 marker, 8 including intro & conclusion in a 30 marker.

4 paragraphs during a 20 marker, 6 including intro & conclusion in a 20 marker.

don't waffle, be concise, keep it short and use your best points only.
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an A* last year and only did 4 paras for 30 markers, 3 for 20 markers.

Obviously with an intro and conclusion
td6299
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Is this for AQA? if so, remember you get marks for:
12- AO1
9- AO2
9-AO3
Unlike 20 markers, 30 markers need to be a lot more conceptually detailed referring to the item all along.
I do 7 paragraphs, including an intro and a conclusion. Same structure as a 20 marker, except your paragraphs need to be really detailed, the bulk of your essay is pure knowledge.
i had no idea those were the marks for the assessment objectives, thank you!!
td6299
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheerIeader)
evaluate every point you make. i can't be any more specific than that.

6 paragraphs during a 30 marker, 8 including intro & conclusion in a 30 marker.

4 paragraphs during a 20 marker, 6 including intro & conclusion in a 20 marker.

don't waffle, be concise, keep it short and use your best points only.
thank you for the tips, i was also wondering how much time would you recommend for each essay because I do struggle with time management and need to practice under timed conditions
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank you for the tips, i was also wondering how much time would you recommend for each essay because I do struggle with time management and need to practice under timed conditions
45 minutes for a 30 mark essay and 30 minutes for a 20 mark essay which is the same amount you'd have in an exam.

brainstorm your best ideas and then put them down. remember - every point MUST be evaluated aka criticised.
for example - ethnicity in education

self-fulfilling prophecy may mean ethnic minority students such as afro caribbeans underachieve.
however, this view is too deterministic as studies have been conducted which manifest that some afro-caribbean girls want to disprove their labels.

(obviously just a concise example dont actually write like this)
make your essay flow with a paragraph linking to the point before with a criticism before moving onto your next point. hope this helped. xx
you'll get an A*/A without a doubt if you follow my advice.
td6299
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheerIeader)
45 minutes for a 30 mark essay and 30 minutes for a 20 mark essay which is the same amount you'd have in an exam.

brainstorm your best ideas and then put them down. remember - every point MUST be evaluated aka criticised.
for example - ethnicity in education

self-fulfilling prophecy may mean ethnic minority students such as afro caribbeans underachieve.
however, this view is too deterministic as studies have been conducted which manifest that some afro-caribbean girls want to disprove their labels.

(obviously just a concise example dont actually write like this)
make your essay flow with a paragraph linking to the point before with a criticism before moving onto your next point. hope this helped. xx
you'll get an A*/A without a doubt if you follow my advice.
I'll make sure to do this and use it in the exam, thank you for the advice. I really do appreciate it x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.21%
I don't have everything I need (222)
43.79%

Watched Threads