Adan's AS Level & General Study Journal (but Online!)Watch
WELCOME TO MY ONLINE STUDY JOURNAL.
I'm Adan, and I'm a bit new here, so bare with me. The one thing you need to know about me; I'm the literal definition of procrastination. See, my main goal with this blog is to have dozens of internet strangers judge me on my lack of diligence and time management, which gives me motivation to keep studying.
I'm an Indonesian, currently pursuing AS Levels which I will take next year at the May/June period. I did not take the GCSEs; for lower secondary, I took the IB MYP.
With that sorted out, below is the list of subjects that I will be taking:
- Biology (this is a big maybe)
This blog will not only be limited to my A Level adventures. I have other aspirations as well, to study Physics and Science outside the syllabus and make discoveries. This blog will track me on that. Here are my goals which I hope to achieve by the end of the year:
- Have a good grasp on Differential and Integral Calculus; able to solve A-Level problems on these.
- Get perfect scores on Math, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for my school exams:
- Master the Periodic Table of Elements; be able to predict the chemical and physical properties of an element given its atomic number and place on the Periodic Table, as well as its reactions with other elements.
- Finish most problems in my Practice in Physics textbook
Here is the method I use to study, which seems to be working:
- Read as much as I can about the topic/chapter.
- Divide the chapter into subsections which I can explain individually.
- Explain the chapters on a whiteboard using simple words (as if I'm explaining it to a five year old) and mnemonics; if I'm stuck, take note on that, read up from the source material, and continue.
- When I finally understand it, I put all the information on a mobile flash card app called Anki, which I access daily.
- DO AS MUCH PROBLEMS AS I CAN.
This is a new system of study which I intend to follow. Anyway, expect updates, photos of messy desks, and such. Have a nice day!