Erdogan threatens to open the floodgates to Europe Watch

BrexitPopulist
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9150271.html

Pfft what an idiot. This will improve our GDP and make us stronger obviously. I’m surprised the EU haven’t accepted all of these wonderful people in already. 😉
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Turkey should be kicked out of NATO. They have been making these thinly veiled threats against their allies and getting away with it for far too long.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
watch out Turkey, it is nearly Christmas

:eating:
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BrexitPopulist)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9150271.html

Pfft what an idiot. This will improve our GDP and make us stronger obviously. I’m surprised the EU haven’t accepted all of these wonderful people in already. 😉
How does it improve our GDP?
Why would the EU accept them when they have paid billions for him to keep them out of Europe?
Feel free to explain, so people understand what you are going on about.
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
How does it improve our GDP?
Why would the EU accept them when they have paid billions for him to keep them out of Europe?
Feel free to explain, so people understand what you are going on about.
It's called sarcasm.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wōden)
It's called sarcasm.
Not seeing it. Doesnt really make sense, even with sarcasm. Are you the OP, if not think its better to get the explanation from them.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not seeing it. Doesnt really make sense, even with sarcasm. Are you the OP, if not think its better to get the explanation from them.
The wink.
It's sarcasm.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Drewski)
The wink.
It's sarcasm.
Even as sarcasm it doesnt make sense to me.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Even as sarcasm it doesnt make sense to me.
Nobody said it was good sarcasm or a good joke, but it definitely is an attempt.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Nobody said it was good sarcasm or a good joke, but it definitely is an attempt.
Not labouring the point, just doesnt make sense, even from a sacrasm attempt?
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If it's all dependent on Erdogan, does somewhat suggest the promises by various political parties to not let them in is all meaningless bluster, no?
BrexitPopulist
Rep:
?
Yes he’s right.
BrexitPopulist
Rep:
?
Not labouring the point, just doesnt make sense, even from a sacrasm attempt?
We are told by the EU and indeed most western liberal governments that immigration is a pure blessing and our economies would collapse without it.

When in reality a more objective assessment would be at best nuanced over the pros and cons, and you could make a good argument for saying it’s not worth it.
BrexitPopulist
Rep:
?
(Original post by anarchism101)
If it's all dependent on Erdogan, does somewhat suggest the promises by various political parties to not let them in is all meaningless bluster, no?
Politicians lying in this day and age? 😂
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anarchism101)
Care to explain?
Erdogan gets paid billions to house the Syria migrants in Turkey and prevent them from proceeding into the EU.
Many migrants who make it through or are rejected are returned to these camps.
BrexitPopulist
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wōden)
Turkey should be kicked out of NATO. They have been making these thinly veiled threats against their allies and getting away with it for far too long.
NATO should be disbanded it’s a Cold War joke.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
We are told by the EU and indeed most western liberal governments that immigration is a pure blessing and our economies would collapse without it.

When in reality a more objective assessment would be at best nuanced over the pros and cons, and you could make a good argument for saying it’s not worth it.
1. We arent. Simplistic and untrue.
2. Our economies do depend on immigration.
3. Nobody said there were pros and cons.

You are just being too simplistic plus your OP doesnt make any sense. Sarcasm or not.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He's a charmer isn't he, Erdogan.

I hope he enjoys his best sicko buddy status with Trump. Not sure he's going to do as well after the next US presidential election.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wōden)
It's a total farce them being in NATO. We may as well have Kim and Assad in it. NATO basically has zero credibility right now. They should long ago have been replaced by a European coalition of some sort, but of course that was vetoed by the arms traders, er, sorry, I mean NATO governments.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

No. That is what the likes of the Mail and Farage claim that others claim. It is just a poorly constructed straw man.
Immigration is useful and often a benefit. Without it there would be a shortfall of workers in some fields. Do you disagree with that?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.04%
They might tell the bully (27)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
16.3%
It might lead to more bullying (99)
36.67%
There's nothing they could do (81)
30%

Watched Threads