username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Opinions?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49987329
davesantana
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
design of £20>solving knife crime
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Andrew97
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zedius)
design of £20>solving knife crime
What?
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Should have picked someone way better than turner to be in the note like they did for the 5 and 50 pound notes
Ðeggs
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Love the design, but who is the featured person?
Blue_Cow
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Looks rather nice

Unfortunately I am too much of a student to be able to carry around 20 smackers :getmecoat:
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by paul514)
Should have picked someone way better than turner to be in the note like they did for the 5 and 50 pound notes
Should have been Charlie Chaplin.
paul514
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
Should have been Charlie Chaplin.
It should have been someone important to history, it could have been Cromwell, Pankhurst, Wilberforce, Disraeli etc
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Don't have any strong opinions either way but I guess this new design is needed. £20 is forged a lot.
paul514
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Love the design, but who is the featured person?
Turner
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It should have been someone important to history, it could have been Cromwell, Pankhurst, Wilberforce, Disraeli etc
Between those four I would have chosen Cromwell. You?
username2998742
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Looks rather nice

Unfortunately I am too much of a student to be able to carry around 20 smackers :getmecoat:
I am too much of a student to be able to carry around 1p smackers :getmecoat:
Blue_Cow
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Glaz)
I am too much of a student to be able to carry around 1p smackers :getmecoat:
:hugs:
RedGiant
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Who cares?
the bear
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...5_newnote3.jpg

the painting in the background shows the once-glorious ship Fighting Temeraire being towed to the breaker's yard. a fitting symbol of the wreckage of the Union and our economy. clearly this image was carefully selected.
Andora
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I like it, nice colour. Though I'm not too familiar on the featured person.
paul514
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
Between those four I would have chosen Cromwell. You?
It was just off the top of my I could have listed 20 easily of that kind of quality.

Any of them would be better than a bloody artist
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Love the colour and design - good job,favourite note of the series with that deep purple

Turing for the £50 note was an excellent choice too

(omg found out Turner tried to avoid the trappings of success and fame, and retaining his Cockney heritage and accent throughout his life, and after the death of his father, withdrew from life, dying in squalor )
Last edited by BlueIndigoViolet; 2 years ago
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It was just off the top of my I could have listed 20 easily of that kind of quality.

Any of them would be better than a bloody artist
The Bank of England go for people from different fields, not just political leaders or scientists or engineers. He's a popular figure and 'The Fighting Temeraire' was voted the Greatest Painting in Britain.
Last edited by Surnia; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (117)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (94)
27.25%
No (91)
26.38%
I'm not sure (43)
12.46%

Watched Threads