Problems with girls Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I met this girl two weeks ago through a mutual friend. As soon as I met her, I knew that I liked her. We were messaging for a while and then she just started to ignore me. I really like her but I don't want her to think I am being to forward if I keep messaging her and I don't want to put her off me. The only problem is that she is one of those girls who everyone likes. She is so incredibly beautiful in every way possible, she's shy which I find cute, she is funny and has a good sense of humour and she also knows what she wants which is something that I really like about her. When we first met I noticed that she gets a lot of unwanted attention from a lot of guys and I just feel like I have a lot of competition when it comes to getting to know her. When we went out it seemed to me that every guy around was just staring at her, I don't blame them, but I feel like if I was to ask her out and eventually progress our friendship into a romantic relationship, then I would feel really insecure with her, not that I don't trust her, I just don't trust the other guys. Basically I just need advice on how to get her to like me without me being too forward about it. Thanks in advance.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
thats why i dont go for the hot ones. less competition. i can also talk to her when i get balls without the thought of someone else approaching them
zedius
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
there isnt a way to make her like u. just be available but dont text her unless she does.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
thats why i dont go for the hot ones. less competition. i can also talk to her when i get balls without the thought of someone else approaching them
Fair enough haha, I just felt like me and her really clicked when we met. The thing with her that I like though is that she is so perfect and incredibly beautiful, and she knows it, yet she doesn't act like it. She doesn't use it as an excuse for anything and she doesn't think it makes her any better than anyone else, unlike some girls Ive met who think that being hot means they can be a ***** to everyone.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zedius)
there isnt a way to make her like u. just be available but dont text her unless she does.
I get that, but I want her to know that I am interested in her. I just don't want her to find me needy or clingy.
zedius
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Fair enough haha, I just felt like me and her really clicked when we met. The thing with her that I like though is that she is so perfect and incredibly beautiful, and she knows it, yet she doesn't act like it. She doesn't use it as an excuse for anything and she doesn't think it makes her any better than anyone else, unlike some girls Ive met who think that being hot means they can be a ***** to everyone.
why do you think shes above every1 just bc shes good looking..
Anonymous #1
why do you think shes above every1 just bc shes good looking..
I don't recall saying that? All I am saying is I like that she doesn't think she deserves anything more than anyone else just because she is attractive to many people.
Anonymous #1
So I like this guy from my lecture last year at uni we chatted and flirted a bit and danced together in the club one night, then this year he started messaging me, its been on and off every few days for 2 weeks now but he's pretty bad at texting. Anyways last week after clubbing i ended up going back to his and stayed in his bed nothing happened just kissing and cuddling.

I don't know if he's interested because we only talk online every few days and he doesn't approach me in lectures to talk.
I don't want to message him first though, but i don't know help ?
Did you mean to post this here?
Hall Of Ages
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
She ought to be declined. :grumble:
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Any moderately attractive girl will receive a **** ton of attention, that's not really ''competition'' unless she likes all of them which she won't, obvs. Your ''competition'' are dudes who she actually likes.

My advice is to avoid her. Being insecure, even if she does like you (which from what you say, it doesn't seem likely?), is gonna cause unnecessary arguments and clashes. You're already jealous and you're not even a couple yet. If you were a couple and you were really attached to her, you'd go insane. Avoid.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
yeah she got a better offer basically

sorry bro but beautiful girls don't stay single for long. they also have better options. unless you're a solid 10 yourself you really stand no chance in hell with a girl like that
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Any moderately attractive girl will receive a **** ton of attention, that's not really ''competition'' unless she likes all of them which she won't, obvs. Your ''competition'' are dudes who she actually likes.

My advice is to avoid her. Being insecure, even if she does like you (which from what you say, it doesn't seem likely?), is gonna cause unnecessary arguments and clashes. You're already jealous and you're not even a couple yet. If you were a couple and you were really attached to her, you'd go insane. Avoid.
You really think so? I just don't think it is possible for me to just avoid her like that. Do you think that I should at least tell her how I feel first? Another concern of mine though is that it is inevitable that I will see her again with her being close friends with one of my best friends.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by goggleyed)
yeah she got a better offer basically

sorry bro but beautiful girls don't stay single for long. they also have better options. unless you're a solid 10 yourself you really stand no chance in hell with a girl like that
Thats the thing with her though, she has been single her whole life, which I find hard to believe. I am definitely no where near a solid 10 but I do have good qualities and a great personality.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
You really think so? I just don't think it is possible for me to just avoid her like that. Do you think that I should at least tell her how I feel first? Another concern of mine though is that it is inevitable that I will see her again with her being close friends with one of my best friends.
Avoid getting involved with her. You can hang around with her obvs. It's not like you two were in love.

No, I don't, because you claim she gets a lot of male attention which you aren't comfortable with even though you barely know each other (and she doesn't sound too eager to talk to you). If you develop feelings for this person, your discomfort will only multiply 'cos dudes are very persistent and she won't become a nun anytime soon (I'd guess).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Avoid getting involved with her. You can hang around with her obvs. It's not like you two were in love.

No, I don't, because you claim she gets a lot of male attention which you aren't comfortable with even though you barely know each other (and she doesn't sound too eager to talk to you). If you develop feelings for this person, your discomfort will only multiply 'cos dudes are very persistent and she won't become a nun anytime soon (I'd guess).
Yeah I see what you are saying and then think you are right. It’s not gonna do me any favours being around her when I feel this way and she isn’t giving me any indication of her feelings.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I met this girl two weeks ago through a mutual friend. As soon as I met her, I knew that I liked her. We were messaging for a while and then she just started to ignore me. I really like her but I don't want her to think I am being to forward if I keep messaging her and I don't want to put her off me. The only problem is that she is one of those girls who everyone likes. She is so incredibly beautiful in every way possible, she's shy which I find cute, she is funny and has a good sense of humour and she also knows what she wants which is something that I really like about her. When we first met I noticed that she gets a lot of unwanted attention from a lot of guys and I just feel like I have a lot of competition when it comes to getting to know her. When we went out it seemed to me that every guy around was just staring at her, I don't blame them, but I feel like if I was to ask her out and eventually progress our friendship into a romantic relationship, then I would feel really insecure with her, not that I don't trust her, I just don't trust the other guys. Basically I just need advice on how to get her to like me without me being too forward about it. Thanks in advance.
Yet another guy who us overthinking things. If this girl knows her own mind and knows how to look after herself then what exactly is your problem? The other guys are doing what you are doing! The problem is not them it is you! Why are you messaging her instead of talking to her face to face which many girls actually prefer? Scared of rejection? well you can't have a gf while thinking in that way.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Yeah I see what you are saying and then think you are right. It’s not gonna do me any favours being around her when I feel this way and she isn’t giving me any indication of her feelings.
Even if she told you she liked you, you would have to put up with the fact that she's gonna get male attention and you can't be jealous and possessive (to me, it sounds like you're already experiencing these toxic feelings and you're not even a couple yet).

Literally any girl that is not extremely indoorsy or ogre-like will receive attention and it increases the more attractive and nice she is.

So, tbh, this is a general problem that you may have to deal with, it's not really about this specific girl.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I get that, but I want her to know that I am interested in her. I just don't want her to find me needy or clingy.
Trust me on this.

She already knows. Girls arn't as stupid as guys like to think.
If she's as "beautiful" as you say she is she will have gone through similar scenario's like a dozen or so times already. Girls like these have a heightened sense of awareness when it comes to guys liking them because they have so much practice at it. You're trying to be clever by being indirect and sneaking up on her romantically, but girls like this have seen it all. It's like trying to sneak up on Spiderman. They can see an indirect coming a mile off.

If she is ghosting you then i'm afraid she's not interested in you mate.
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Don't go for the hot ones though, people would then think you like attractive girls and not girls with personality.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Discrepancy)
Don't go for the hot ones though, people would then think you like attractive girls and not girls with personality.
Why would that matter what other people think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
26.9%
Not great so far... (223)
36.14%
I want to drop out! (118)
19.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed