Skin care routine Watch

Cupcake21T
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I want to get rid of the spots on my face. It’s not too bad but Just some on my forehead, my chin and the sides of my face. Any tips on how to get rid of them and the marks they leave and any routines I should do?
Tracey1995
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Cupcake21T)
I want to get rid of the spots on my face. It’s not too bad but Just some on my forehead, my chin and the sides of my face. Any tips on how to get rid of them and the marks they leave and any routines I should do?
Firstly try washing your face /forehead twice a day with a gentle cleanser, this should help remove any oils in the skin, failing that try a OTC acne cream that contains ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide or a salicylic acid
Ask at the local chemist for this and they will advice you better.
Do not try and squeeze them as will make things worse ok.
aylee_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I had some issues with very mild acne,, just hormones and stuff but I went to my GP discussing how it made me feel self-conscious and they prescribed me duac benzoyl peroxide gel and its worked miracles honestly. Even if you dont think it is bad, just go to a gp and get it sorted
QueenAelin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
A skincare routine for teenage acne should really consist of three things: a cleanser, a spot treatment, and a moisturiser. The simpler you keep it, the better! Sebamed has a really effective (but gentle) foaming cleanser and a moisturiser that has really simple (but hydrating) ingredients. You can also look at brands from the drugstore like Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, etc.

For spot treatment, you can probably go to your local chemists and see if they have any benzoyl peroxide treatments. Superdrug and boots also sell the brand acnecide (a 5% benzoyl peroxide gel) which cleared up my teenage acne! They might also recommend salicylic acid which is great at keeping your pores clear.

If all else fails, don't be afraid to go to your GP! Acne is probably one of their most common complaints.
Cupcake21T
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by QueenAelin)
A skincare routine for teenage acne should really consist of three things: a cleanser, a spot treatment, and a moisturiser. The simpler you keep it, the better! Sebamed has a really effective (but gentle) foaming cleanser and a moisturiser that has really simple (but hydrating) ingredients. You can also look at brands from the drugstore like Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, etc.

For spot treatment, you can probably go to your local chemists and see if they have any benzoyl peroxide treatments. Superdrug and boots also sell the brand acnecide (a 5% benzoyl peroxide gel) which cleared up my teenage acne! They might also recommend salicylic acid which is great at keeping your pores clear.

If all else fails, don't be afraid to go to your GP! Acne is probably one of their most common complaints.
A while back I bought some products from the tea tree range from the body shop but I haven’t used them yet so maybe I should. If I use these products - cleanser, toner, lotion and tea tree oil regularly is there a chance my skin will clear up?
QueenAelin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Cupcake21T)
A while back I bought some products from the tea tree range from the body shop but I haven’t used them yet so maybe I should. If I use these products - cleanser, toner, lotion and tea tree oil regularly is there a chance my skin will clear up?
Tea tree oil has both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which means it can be good at treating and preventing acne! It kills bacteria at a slow, gentle rate, though, so it can take longer than other treatments to work. Also, like all acne treatments, it can be hit or miss for different people. I know some people who swear by it and others who think it made no difference to their skin at all.

Honestly, I'd say give it a try for three months and see how it goes. You've got a good routine there, and it could clear your mild acne up. If it doesn't work after those first few months, you can always try something else!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Lush's "Grease Lightning" is god sent. I don't get spots on my face much but often do on my chest and this shrinks them fast.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 4 days ago
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Well this can be due to change in diet or skin issues, Check with your nearest dermatologist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads